𝟏𝟏 | 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐑𝐎𝐆𝐀𝐓𝐄

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    Setting her pencil down and raising her arms in a stretch, (Y/N) yawned before glancing behind her to the clock on her bedside to see that it was almost eleven, packing up her school work before moving to the bathroom to take a quick shower. When she was done, feeling quite refreshed, she dressed in a tank top and sweats before grabbing her empty water cup and crutches to begin the trek downstairs.

Unfortunately, almost as soon as her foot hit the first step, a hand wound itself around her waist and pulled her close to a body.

Startled, she flinched when seeing who it was.

"Hello, (Y/N)," Ashton smirked as his grip on her waist tightened, giving her a pleased smile as he helped her down the stairs. "What are you doing up so late? Don't you have school tomorrow?"

"Well, I could ask you the same thing."

"I was working on several cases," he hummed, not elaborating—all (Y/N) knew was that he was quite a successful cardiologist who was able to get the position he was in due to being so intellectually gifted and his vast fortune.

"Well, what do you want now?"

"Do I have to want something to help my poor, baby sister get down the stairs?"

She shivered at the rather creepy words that dripped from his lips like sugar and honey, her brows furrowing as she stated, "You guys need to stop calling me that. And, to answer your question, if I'm being honest, the only times you do interact with me is to inform me of something. Obviously there must be something you want to tell me."

"Hm?" He smirked, intrigued. "You're clever."

"It's just obvious."

"Well, then... here is my obvious answer and question: what is wrong with you?" He said with that same sickly kind smile on his face, his silvery-grey eyes however flashing with disgust and clear vehemence. "Didn't I tell you not to do anything that upsets our life? If you listened and did so... then why were Father and Miranda talking about you so worriedly at dinner after you left? It was quite an eyesore to see such things. And do you know what the most delightful part of the conversation was? When they asked us brothers if we were treating you nice. So I ask again: what the fuck?"