𝟐𝟏 | 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Sitting on the edge of his bed, the low lighting of his room casting shadows along the walls, Haru stared down at a silver locket with the picture of a beautiful girl within, his thumb running along the cold metal. His usual smirk was gone and in its place a cold mask, something so unusual for the boy that it almost looked fake.

But it was real.

Because what others didn't know was that when he was alone, an empty and gaping hole appeared.

His attention then snapped away from his thoughts when the door suddenly opened, (Y/N) appearing with one hand in front of her eyes while the other clutched the doorframe tightly. In all honesty, she looked as if she were scared to even peer into the space, the seconds trickling by before she finally took a quick peek, thankful that Haru was dressed and alone.

Her brows then furrowed when seeing him stealthily hide the locket behind his back like it wasn't even there to begin with.

"Aren't you bold~?" Haru smirked, his flirtatious facade once more in place.

(Y/N) cringed.

"No need to look so disgusted, I was just surprised that you would come back here after our little... predicament last time," he remarked as he stood up and approached her, humming in thought when she merely backed away.

"I didn't come here willingly, Takeshi just asked me to get you for dinner."

"Ah, is that so?" He shrugged as he moved to close his door behind him, but not before (Y/N) glanced inside to where she could still see the silvery gleam of the locket he left behind. "Anyways, w—" Cutting himself off when seeing that the girl was distracted, he then asked, "What? I didn't think you'd find my room so interesting, but I guess I'm mistaken~"

"Ugh, I was just thinking that jewelry doesn't seem to be your thing," she stated in reference to the necklace as she shoved his face away that had come too close for her liking.