𝟎𝟗 | 𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

When (Y/N)'s eyes blinked open, a bit annoyed from whoever was shaking her from her rather blissful sleep, the feeling quickly dissipated when seeing that it was Kai trying to wake her. His touch was gentle and kind, as if he were handling something precious, and if she weren't imagining it, he was even smiling.

    But now fully awake, she noticed that the look had vanished.

    "We're here," Kai said when he saw that she was roused enough to understand him and not just want to fall back asleep.

    "Oh, right," she said as she gathered her things and crutches, surprised when the boy exited the car to round the vehicle to her side, opening the door and grabbing her bag to hold while she hopped out. "Thank you... and... thank you for the ride, as well. I know it was unexpected, so it means a lot to me."

    "Of course," he nodded, handing her back her bag. "I'll see you tonight, then."

    "A-Are you going somewhere?" She asked, a bit hesitant to ask since they weren't very close.

    "I have my job," he surprisingly answered, making an almost wobbly smile start to cross the girl's lips. "I own a bar, you know, so it mostly operates at night."

    "Right, then... good luck."

    "Thanks," he chuckled, not noticing how flustered just doing that had made (Y/N).

    She turned away as he started to pull out of the driveway, feeling quite content in knowing that there was at least one brother who she knew she would be able to get along with. Kai was almost exactly the type of big brother she had always wanted, and she hoped that in the future, they would be able to converse and hang out just like a brother and sister would.

    Humming to herself, now in a very good mood, she startled when one of the butlers opened the door for her even though she had been reaching for the handle, stuttering out a 'thank you' before slipping off her shoes and moving past him towards the kitchen. Cutting up some apple slices for a snack, she placed them in a small bowl before struggling upstairs for about five minutes, when finally reaching her room feeling like she was ready to collapse. She was a bit surprised that she hadn't seen Takeshi or any of his sons, but decided that she rather liked being in an otherwise empty home for just a little while.

    Speaking of...

With the house to myself, I can explore a little, right? Maybe I'll find a cool game room or something where I can hide away.

    Readjusting her crutches under her arms after placing both her backpack and snack down, she then started wandering the halls. She didn't know which rooms were which, so she decided to just check them all, finding a variety of spaces used for exercise, art, work, reading, and even one just for entertainment and the like. The entertainment room was definitely one where she would go back to. Some doors were locked though, and she had a feeling that those were the brothers' rooms—she didn't care for finding their rooms, though, so she left them alone.

After checking most of the rooms, finding the ones that she had wanted to, she was just about to go back to her own room when she heard a noise from behind one of the closed doors. Even though she honestly didn't want to open it, she took the risk because she thought that maybe it could've just been one of the maids. The room could've also been just another entertainment room.

    But it wasn't a maid.

    Opening the door, the first thing she noticed was that the room was very dimly lit even though it was spacious and wide with doors that opened up to a balcony just opposite of her. The next thing she noticed that the bed that was to the right of her had occupants; two occupants, at that, who were moaning very loudly. (Y/N) stood there in shock for about half a second before she immediately moved to close the door, both the sound of her entering and leaving drawing the two peoples attention.

    "(Y/N)? Is that you?" Haru asked as he clicked on the light next to his bed, something she didn't appreciate since almost immediately, she could see everything that was happening. "What are you doing in here?"

    "I was looking for Takeshi," she came up with a quick lie as she averted her gaze, wincing when he continued to fuck the girl on his bed even though he was talking to her.

    "Really?

    "Yep. Sorry to bother you, I'll be going now," she turned to leave again.

    "Hey, where are you going?" Haru pouted like a child as he smacked the girl's ass, smirking as she whimpered in delight before turning back to (Y/N). "Don't you want to join in on the fun? Alessia here is certainly enjoying it, aren't you?"

    "Y-Yes!" She moaned out, lips parted in an 'o' shape as her eyes rolled to the back of her head.

    Oh, my God.

    (Y/N) ran a hand down her face in clear disbelief, once more bidding goodbye to Haru and Alessia before promptly running out of the door—or as fast as she could on crutches. Limping down the hallways with an expression of shock, she tried to erase the entire image of what she had just seen out of her mind entirely.

    I've been traumatized.

    Yep.

    Traumatized.

    Even though (Y/N) knew what sex was and had seen porn videos and the like before when an unfortunate ad had popped up when she was visiting not so legal anime or manga sites, she didn't want to see her new stepbrother doing it. And most certainly not with another person whom she had to go to school with.

    Let's just finish some homework...

    Sitting down at her desk and pulling out her textbooks along with some paper, she had only completed about thirty minutes of her assignments before Haru barged into her room.

    She froze when seeing him.

    He was shirtless and only wearing loose black slacks that didn't hide how aroused he still was, his eyes like that of a fox as he smirked down at her.

    (Y/N) grimaced.

Guess this is what exploring gets you.

Just great.

꧁꧂