𝟑𝟓 | 𝐀𝐃𝐕𝐈𝐂𝐄

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

"So, (Y/N)... when are you going to start driving again?" Ashton asked as he drove down the street towards her school, running a hand through his slicked back dark hair and messing it up. "You're seventeen, correct? Almost eighteen? You've been out of a cast for a while now, so...?"

"I'm just... not ready," she answered quietly as she tapped a steady beat against her thigh, not elaborating any more than that.

"Then... do you want to tell me what happened between you and Kai?"

She didn't reply.

He waited.

The silence was deafening.

Even if he wasn't given an answer, it was all he needed to know that whatever had happened was entirely personal. Gripping the steering wheel a bit too tightly, his smile stretching thin, Ashton tried to retain control of whatever little rationality that he had at the moment. He couldn't believe that while he was right in front of her, she was still thinking about someone else.

It was infuriating.

An ongoing aggravation.

But it was one that he would soon fix.

"I'll see you later, (Y/N)," Ashton bid her goodbye as he pulled up to the curb, his dark eyes lingering on her form as she gathered up her things. "Remember, if you want to talk, I'm always here to listen."

She smiled in thanks.

And then she was gone.

Ashton's pleasant expression vanished just as quickly, staring at the girl until she disappeared.

(Y/N), feeling Ashton's gaze on her yet deciding to ignore it when it vanished, entered the building and soon found herself sitting down in the back of the Math classroom, Mikael already there yet Eun-ji nowhere to be found. As she chatted with the boy, waiting for her friend to show up, she started to worry after the teacher began class. And when another fifteen minutes had passed, she decided to ask Mikael.