𝟎𝟕 | 𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    After Jay became involved in Eun-ji's and Davan's fight, his friends separated themselves from the crowd to step in and help. As soon as that happened, (Y/N) dipped out of there, knowing it wouldn't end well since all of Davan's support were lean with muscle and supported rather ugly and vicious scowls.

Limping along with her crutches toward English, the girl side-eyed the teachers that were even running past her to go break up the fight.

Good thing I got out of there...

New kid getting into a fight on her first day of school would not look good...

I wonder how Jay and Eun-ji became friends?

They seemed close...

The girl could feel a slight bitterness wash through her at the thought, knowing that all of her friends were back in her old town and school, having not even had a chance to say goodbye to them since the move was so sudden. But with how Eun-ji had acted, suddenly deciding to talk to her and share with her some aspects of herself, she couldn't help but hope that maybe she would be a new friend.

After this though, Eun-ji probably won't even talk to me.

That's okay.

If she beats up gangs daily, then...

Shaking her head violently, (Y/N) tried to shove such thoughts away so that she could focus on making it through the day. She hadn't even made it through second period, and already she was wanting to go back home where fights didn't just randomly break out. Trying not to seem too depressed about the situation, she kept glancing down at her schedule to find the proper room but with every door she passed, she only seemed to be getting more lost.

Eun-ji said it was this way...

Goddammit.

Letting out a small exhale of breath and leaning against the wall, her underarms aching from being supported by the crutches for so long, she glanced around in hopes of finding a teacher or someone who could point her in the right direction.

But, as she suspected, they were all gone.

Probably breaking up that fight.

About to just head back the direction she came and wait for a teacher there, a sudden clatter from the room just to the left of her made her jump. In hopes of finding a teacher, she adjusted the crutches under her arms and limped into the room. She was quite surprised to find that it was an art room, the ceiling high and immense to hold floating pieces of glass that reflected the sun from the large window in the back. All of the tables and floors seemed to be splattered with paint, pencil marks, or chalked streaks that didn't look like they'd come out.

And there, in the center of such a creative mess, stood a boy at an easel working diligently.

(Y/N) tilted her head, finding him familiar even with his back turned to her, however shook the feeling off since she was positive that she knew no one else at this school beside Eun-ji and her new soon-to-be stepbrothers.

Then she stopped.

Right...

Isn't that... Cassius?

"Um... Cassius?" She called out to him, waiting for a few tantalizing seconds for him to turn around, but he did not. "Cassius, is that you?"

He still didn't turn.

Approaching him and balancing herself on her crutches, she reached out and tapped him lightly on the shoulder, watching as the boy turned around to indeed reveal that it was Cassius and that she wasn't mistaken. Only now she could see that he had headphones in, the reason why he hadn't heard her the first two times.

"Can I help you?" He asked softly as he removed one earbud.

"Sorry, Cassius... but could you help me find room eighty-five?" She asked as she showed him her schedule.

"...You walked down the hall too far," he murmured just as softly as before as he stared down at the piece of paper, (Y/N) straining to catch what he said. "Go back the way you came until the first hallway on your left and go down that. You'll see room eighty-five on the right."

"Oh, thank you," she smiled gratefully before she turned to leave.

"Hey..." he called out to her, stopping her in her tracks.

"Yes?"

"You... are going to be my new stepsister, no? Then, let me tell you one thing," he said stoically whilst meeting her gaze for the first time since they had met, the light hazel of his eyes striking in the well-lit room. "Stay away from us. This might sound rude... but you have no idea what my brothers are capable of and what they will do to you if you anger them in the slightest."

"Then... what about you?" She questioned as her brows drew together in suspicion. "What will you do to me if I anger you?"

"...nothing," he turned back around and placed his earbud back in. "Your existence does not concern me in the least."

Frowning at his cryptic warning and his even more melancholic answer, (Y/N) walked back outside to surprisingly see students crowding in the hallway to get to their class. Following Cassius' directions, she too was able to make it to English on time, almost letting out a gasp when seeing who was sitting in the back of the room.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" Eun-ji waved to get the other girl's attention. "Over here!"

Jay sat right beside her, his golden eyes flicking up to meet (Y/N)'s for a split second before she looked away, not noticing the way his lips split into an amused grin. As she slowly limped over to the pair, finding that the one seat in the back was the only other option besides a seat in the front a better choice, even if she did have to sit beside Jay.

Cassius' warning continued ringing in her ears, and she couldn't quiet his voice no matter how hard she tried to.

"Hey there..." Jay greeted with a smirk. "...sis."

꧁꧂

꧁꧂