𝟐𝟑 | 𝐃𝐑𝐀𝐖𝐈𝐍𝐆

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

    Opening the door to the Chemistry classroom and glancing at the clock, (Y/N) could see that she had arrived just before the start. If she were being honest, she really didn't want to go to school so soon, especially after Kai had told her something so important to him. However, she also didn't want to fall too far behind, so she opted to go.

Sitting in the only open seat left next to Cassius—surprising, when she thought about it—and setting down her bag, she let out a silent breath.

What a day.

I'm exhausted and I just got here.

"Are you okay?" Cassius suddenly cut through her thoughts, her eyes meeting his hazel ones that flicked down to her leg. "With your leg, I mean? Or, I guess your stomach, too. Both were hurt so either or you can answer about."

"Oh, I'm fine," she gave a wobbly smile as she leaned back in her seat.

"You don't look fine?"

"I am."

Seriously...

These brothers are gonna be the death of me.

Cassius stared at her for a moment longer before letting out a sigh and propping his head up, mumbling out how she never listened. Raising an eyebrow at that, (Y/N) was just about to ask what he meant until the teacher walked into the room to start the class. Rolling her eyes and deciding not to delve any further, she took out her notebook and pencils and began to take notes.

"...and viscosity of a fluid is a measure of its resistance to deformation at a given rate," the teacher finished her presentation on the definitions they were to be quizzed on next. "Remember to—"

The trilling of her phone interrupted her.

"Ah... sorry, class," she murmured as she stared at the caller ID. "This is from my son's school. Self study for a moment while a take this."

And as the teacher closed the door behind her to go out into the hall for some privacy, all students immediately pulled out their phones or started chatting with their friends. (Y/N) did the same, messing around on her phone for a couple minutes before pulling out homework that was due the next day. It wasn't long before the teacher came back, the class murmuring in confusion when she began packing her things.

"Sorry, everyone," she ran her hand through her hair as she looked around. "My son is very sick, and I need to go pick him up. The rest of class can be self-study, but do not leave early. I don't have time to find someone to watch you guys, so please behave."

    And with that, she hurried out of the room.

    Cassius stared at the door for a moment longer before pulling out his notebook and flipping to a blank page, ignoring (Y/N) who was staring at the drawings she was able to momentarily catch a glimpse of. Letting out a short hum, she then turned her attention back to her homework. When seeing that she was no longer paying him any mind, Cassius took quick peeks at her from the corner of his eye every few seconds as his pencil began to fly across the piece of paper.

    Several minutes ticked by like that, the hand on the clock slowly moving around until the bell rang, signaling the next class.

    (Y/N) groaned.

    Damn.

    I was so close to finishing.

    Oh, well... I'll just get to it during study hall so I don't have to do it at home.

    Packing up her things, she pushed in her chair and was just about to leave before suddenly having to stop when Cassius blocked her path. His expression was impassive as usual, his long white hair even hiding most of his face, something that the girl tilted her head at since he made no move to explain why he stopped her.

    Letting his arm extend, he showcased his drawing.

    Her eyes widened.

    Because there, sitting neatly and beautifully in the middle of the page, was her. The drawing was of her side profile, her eyes slanted downward whilst her nose and lips scrunched ever so slightly in concentration.

    "You... made this?" She blinked as she took the drawing from him. "And... that quickly?"

    He merely nodded in confirmation.

    "But... why of me?" She then questioned as her brows furrowed, knowing that Cassius wasn't the fondest of her, especially considering how he always warned her to stay away from not just his other brothers, but from him as well.

She understood, though.

Not every brother was as kind to her as Kai was.

Even if Ashton and Mikael were trying to be better in how they acted towards her, both were horrible towards her in the beginning, and it was hard to just forgive and forget. And as for Haru, she couldn't explain what was going through his mind. If anything, she would do better to heed Cassius' advice, but it was hard to do that when all lived under the same roof with their rooms being right next to one another.

"I... don't know," Cassius frowned, pulling her from her thoughts.

"What?"

"For some reason, when I looked at you, I just wanted to draw you," he stated bluntly, his hazel eyes burning into hers with a type of clarity brimming within that she couldn't quite explain.

"Is that so?" She smiled briefly. "Well, thank you. It's beautiful."

Cassius' eyes widened.

Everyday there were always people clamoring to be besides him, people gushing to him about how amazing they thought his work was. Yet no matter how often he heard this, he never believed them. Their visages were always dark, their eyes always empty and gaping holes that showcased their true intentions.

He hated them.

He hated his work that had grown bleak.

Ever since she had left him, that was all he could think about each time he stared at his drawings and paintings.

But...

He stared down at his hands.

When (Y/N) said the same thing... I believe her.

 I believe her

꧁꧂