001. snappy

The brothers get back to the bunker, the two Burtons and Larissa walking into the map table room, Larissa holding Athena.

"Daddy!" Athena grins, seeing Sam.

"Hey, baby." Sam softly smiles. She reaches her arms out and he takes her from Larissa. "Hey. How you doing?" He kisses her on the cheek.

"Oh, thank God you're all right." Larissa sighs in relief, hugging her husband.

"I'm okay." Sam promises, kissing her shoulder. "Have you guys managed to find Oph?"

"No. No, she... she's in the wind." Jacob says. "Whoever taught her how to hide taught her very well."

"We'll find her." Sam assures.

"Right." Jacob mumbles.

"So, uh... how has your guys' week been?" Daphne asks, wanting to change the subject before anybody breaks down again.

Sam briefly recalls some of the events of the past few days -- leaving out some details from his stay at the infested hospital.

"I still don't understand. I mean, I thought the darkness was a woman, not a child." Sam says.

"Well, same here." Dean says. "I don't know. Maybe whatever I saw wasn't real. Maybe it was a vision."

"Vision?" Sam asks.

"Yeah."

"Huh. Pretty weird."

"Yeah, weird with a cherry on a weird top. We got to get a maid." Dean states, looking at the mess left by the Stynes. "You guys haven't cleaned up?"

"We've been a little busy." Jacob sneers.

"Right." Dean rolls his eyes.

They hear a noise. Sam gives Athena to Larissa before getting his gun out. Dean his gun out, the two moving closer.

The brothers round the pile of stuff to find Cas lying on the floor.

"Help me." Cas whispers weakly.

+++

They're sitting in the library, Cas sitting at one of the tables alone and shackled so he can't attack them.

"So that was the last of the neighbors, just like the rest." Sam says before realizing that Dean's spaced out. "Dean? Dean?"

"Yeah." Dean says, knocked out of his trance.

"You okay?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Dean says.

"Just saying we got nothing. No one saw anything unusual going on at the house the day the baby disappeared." Sam says.

"If this is truly the darkness we're talking about, it's more of a time bomb than a baby." Cas says.

"Yeah, but it is still a baby, right? I mean, the darkness I saw was an adult. So it still has to, uh, grow up." Dean says.

"The Darkness is almost infinite power. I'm not sure what "growing up" means in this case." Cas says.

"Well, God kicked this thing's ass once before, right?" Sam asks.

"Oh, wow. I-- I didn't realize any one of us became God." Libby quips, letting a small laugh out. Sam frowns, giving her a slightly annoyed look.

"You know what I mean." Sam tells her.

"Do I?" She gives him a confused look.

"Elizabeth." He warns.