054. drugged

Libby gets back to the bunker and goes down the stairs.

"So?" Sam steps out from around the corner.

"Ah!" Libby jumps back, giving her father an incredulous look. He winces. "What, were you just hiding behind the corner and waiting like a freaking psychopath?"

"...No." Sam mumbles, obviously lying.

"Dad." She groans.

"Whatever. How was it?" He asks as she starts to walk away and he follows. "Did-- did you make any friends? Did you get bullied? Are you hurt -- physically or mentally? Did anybody laugh at you or-- or call you a freak or--"

"Okay, what? If I say yes, do you plan to go beat them up or something?"

"No, but... but, you know, we could talk. If you wanted."

"Dad." She puts her hands on his arms. "I am okay. Nobody made fun of me, nobody threw anything at me or dumped anything on me. I talked to people, made friendly conversation. I got through the day, I almost passed out in P.E., but I am fine."

"You sure?" Sam asks.

"Promise." Libby nods.

"Did you drink water after you almost fainted? Do you feel dizzy now?" Sam asks.

"I'm okay." Libby promises.

"Okay." He mumbles, sighing. "You find anything about the vamp?" He asks.

"Not yet. Now I am going to go in my room. Please don't wait outside the door for me like a creep or something." Libby says.

"I-- I just wanted to know how your day was." Sam defends himself as she walks off.

"Yeah." She waves him off.

Libby goes to her room and shuts the door. She throws her backpack on the floor and huffs. Biting her lip, she walks over to the dresser and takes the flask out of her underwear drawer. She shuts the drawer and unscrews the flask. She manages to get a few drinks in before her door swings open.

Libby practically jumps out of her skin and she whirls around to find Ophelia.

"Hey." The blonde smiles. "What, school that bad?" She chuckles, seeing the flask.

"Oh, uh... just wanted a sip." Libby says.

"Can I have one?" Ophelia asks.

"No!" Libby holds the flask behind her back. Ophelia gives her a confused look. "Uh... germs."

"Okay, Sheldon Cooper." Ophelia mutters, finding her panic weird. "You okay?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." Libby nods.

"Right." Ophelia whispers. "So... how was school?" She asks.

"It was... school." Libby says, screwing the lid of the flask on and putting it in her nightstand so she doesn't give away its actual hiding spot.

"Oh, come on, Libs. You gotta give me more than that." Ophelia says.

"I... I went, I sat through mind numbing classes, I almost died in P.E., I ate a shitty lunch, I got assigned homework, I came home." Libby says.

"You make any friends?" Ophelia asks.

"No, not really." Libby says, shaking her head.

Ophelia gasps.

"What?" Libby asks.

"You met a boy." Ophelia states, grinning.

"Who met a what now?" They turn to Nathan in the doorway.