053. undercover

The five adults are in the library researching.

"Hey." Ophelia greets as she, Daphne, and Nathan walk in. "I found a case."

"You found a case?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. I'm capable of finding shit." She rolls her eyes. "It's local, like, literally in Lebanon. I was bored." Ophelia shrugs.

"What is it?" Natalie asks.

"Something kidnapping high school kids and their bodies turn up three days later... blood drained. Looks like vamps." Ophelia says.

"Okay, so, uh... we can probably get this done pretty easily." Sam shrugs.

"Yeah, well, we-- we think the vamp is somebody at the high school. So-- so we'd need to be around them to figure out who it is. You know, kind of like a little... undercover thing." Nathan says. "And we have a pretty good idea of who to send in."

"Who?" Larissa asks.

"This is the part where a certain giant overreacts." Daphne whispers to the younger two.

"Uh... well, we--"

Ophelia is cut off as they all turn to find Libby slowly walking into the room, her head thrown back as she gurgles chocolate milk in her mouth. She has an arm out in front of her to make sure she doesn't crash into anything. Sam heavily sighs and shakes his head.

Libby swallows the milk, lowering her head, freezing when she finds everybody staring at her and her dad's head in his hands.

"What?" She asks. "Something on my face?"

"We send in the actual teenager." Ophelia states.

"What?" Sam lifts his head so quickly, Larissa's sure he just got whiplash. "Wh-- no. No way."

"Uncle Sammy, she's gonna be, like, 15 minutes away." Ophelia says. "And it's not like she's gotta kill the vampire by herself."

"Whoa, what? What am I doing?" Libby asks, walking over.

"You're not doing anything." Sam states.

"You wanna go undercover to find a vamp killing kids at the local high school?" Ophelia asks.

"Cool." Libby smiles.

"No. No, no, not happening." Sam states.

"You realize she wants you to go undercover as a high school student, right?" Larissa asks. "Which means you'd have to go to high school... and attend classes... and P.E."

"Oh." Libby mumbles. "Ew." She grimaces.

"Thank you." Sam says.

"Come on, Libs. You don't want a vamp continuing to kill innocent kids, do you?" Ophelia asks.

"Are you trying to guilt trip me?" Libby asks.

"...No." Ophelia winces.

"Look, she doesn't want to go to school. So, there, she's not doing it." Sam says, smiling.

"I'll do it." Libby says after a moment.

"Really?" Everybody asks in unison. Most of them sound shocked but Ophelia sounds excited.

"What?!" Sam exclaims.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm-- I'm old enough to do stuff. I... I wanna do this." Libby says.

"Libby, you-- you don't have to--"

"I know." She cuts her dad off. "I want to. And not just because Ophi basically guilt tripped me into it."