096. fighting and disapperances

Sam is on the phone with Cas as everybody but Dean and Jack are in the library. Athena, Liam, Briar, and Justin are currently staying with Jody.

On the way home from a case involving a friend they made as kids, Dean told Sam about the entire plan Billie has for Jack including how he'll die. Only the brothers had gone on the hunt, nobody else having a connection to the woman since Natalie was still living with Bobby at the time the boys met her.

Everybody else was told of the plan when the two got home, all of them immediately against Jack sacrificing himself.

"Nothing? You sure?" Sam asks.

"Yes. I'd sequestered myself in the archives of the Basilica of Guadeloupe, chasing down a rumor of a spell so powerful it could, quote, wound God Himself. But it turns out it was just that -- a rumor. I just... I don't know what else to do."

"That's alright. We'll find a way. Just get home." Sam says before they hang up.

"Nothing?" Larissa asks and Sam shakes his head.

"That Cas?" Dean asks, walking in. Sam doesn't say anything. Larissa doesn't reply either, focused on her husband. "So that's how it's gonna be? You guys give me the silent treatment?"

"I'm not sure what you want me to say." Sam says.

"That you get it. Like I said, killing Amara, Jack dying... that's the only way." Dean says.

""The only way." "Our one shot," "our last chance." You ever get tired of saying stuff like that?" Sam asks.

"We don't have to like it, alright, but you and me, we gotta get it done." Dean says.

They hear a clattering noise come from the kitchen. They share looks and the five parents go to the kitchen, stopping when they find Amara rummaging through the fridge. She pulls out a beer bottle.

"Sam, Dean, Natalie, Jacob, Larissa. We should talk." Amara says.

~ ~ ~

"My brother has returned. That means it's time." Amara states.

"Did he contact you?" Sam asks.

"He's made himself known." Amara says. "How do you intend to cage him? When God caged me, he had four archangels. Do you have four archangels?"

"Nope. We got one Jack." Dean says.

"I wish we'd gotten to know one another. That's my fault. Maybe when all of this is over, we can?" Amara questions her nephew. Jack hesitates, knowing they're both going to die, but he nods.

"He's been juicing himself up, getting stronger." Dean says.

"But I need to complete a final ritual." Jack says.

"What do you need me to do?" Amara asks.

Dean and Amara walk out of the library, as he sees her out.

"You're angry with me." Jack says to Sam.

"No, I'm not angry. I..." Sam sighs.

"You're disappointed?" Jack asks.

"Jack, look... I wish you'd have been up front with us. But sacrificing your life for a cause... takes a lot of courage. I still think it's wrong, though." Sam says.

"All right, we're all set." Dean says, walking in. "Jack, why don't you go get your stuff? I'm thinking we leave now, we'll make it to Santa Fe by tomorrow morning." Jack leaves.

"Yeah, um, I'm not coming." Sam says.

"Me neither." Larissa says.

"None of us are. Mostly cause if I'm in a car with you with little to no witnesses, I'll kill you." Natalie smiles.