021. funeral

They get to Jody's house and knock on the door, the woman soon answering.

"Wow, you look terrible." Jody says. "What's wrong?"

"Sure, we'd love to come in." Dean says. He hugs Jody as he walks in.

"Hey." Sam kisses her cheek, following his brother. The rest of them greet Jody as they pass her, Larissa walking in last. Jody tightly hugs the woman.

Jody shuts the door.

"Yeah, we just finished a hunt in Brookings." Dean says.

"And you couldn't take a shower first?" Jody asks.

"Heh." Dean huffs.

"Ha ha." Sam fake laughs.

"Least you weren't in the car." Nathan scoffs.

"We figured we'd stop by on the way home and see you, Claire, and Alex." Sam says.

"Aw, that's fun. Unfortunately, the girls are in Omaha for the weekend being angsty at a Radiohead concert." Jody says. "But I can feed you." She motions to the pizza box on the coffee table. "We can order a couple more."

"Sweet." Natalie says.

"Pizza!" Briar grins.

"Yes. Alright. Oh, uh... since the last time we say you? I killed Hitler." Dean smiles. Sam rolls his eyes, walking to the living room.

"Dude, nobody fucking cares." Libby says, walking to the living room.

"Thank you?" Jody tells Dean, despite being very confused.

"You're welcome." Dean smiles, walking to the living room.

~ ~ ~

They ordered a two more pizzas and are all gathered in the living room. Jody and Billy are both in armchairs. Dean, Larissa, and Sam are all on the couch. Larissa is curled into Sam's side, her legs over his lap. Since grieving together, instead of pushing the other way, the two have become much more clingy and Larissa almost always makes sure to have some sort of physical contact with Sam -- even if he stinks.

Jacob and Natalie are sitting on the floor, their backs against the free spaces of the couch. The twins, Athena, Nathan, Libby, Evie, and Ophelia are sitting around the coffee table. Libby does her best to force at least one piece of pizza down.

"Jody, you watching some kind of chick flick here?" Dean asks.

"Well, Dean, I'm a chick." Jody states.

"No, no, no. You're-- you're a badass sheriff chick. You're not a-a rom com chick." Dean says.

"You can be both, dumbass." Natalie rolls her eyes.

"Are you a rom com chick?" Dean asks Jody, ignoring his sister.

"Are you?" Jody counters.

"He's more of a, uh... animated Japanese erotica chick." Sam smirks.

Everybody between 15 and 23 grimace in disgust. The three youngest just look confused.

"Really?" Jody leans forward in interest.

"Mm-hmm." Sam smiles and nods. The house phone starts to ring.

"I need to leave this scintillating conversation." Jody says, going to the kitchen.

"Don't tell her that." Dean tells his brother.

"Tell her what?" Sam asks.

"It's Jody, man."

"Yeah, and children are here. Ugh." Daphne shivers in disgust.

"Dude, be proud of your hobbies. It makes you who you are." Sam says before he laughs.