086. terrible breakfast topic

Larissa groans as she wakes up, feeling Sam move around.

"Ow." She mumbles when he moves around too much making her rock.

"Sorry. God, why did we drink so much?" Sam asks, pinching his nose.

"Because we were bored... and I'm finally done breastfeeding. We stupidly decided to celebrate with alcohol." Larissa says.

"We're parents. Is it really okay for us to get shitfaced?" Sam asks.

"Of course. Long as it doesn't endanger them. I mean, it's not like we're giving them alcohol. Or getting shitfaced every single day. Once in a blue moon is acceptable, especially when they're all in bed." Larissa says. "God, I hate alcohol."

"Not what you were saying last night." Sam chuckles and she groans.

+++

The kids walk into the kitchen where Sam and Larissa are giggling and cooking. Athena, Briar, and Justin are at the table and eating.

"Hey!" Sam greets.

"Hi." Ophelia frowns at the joy radiating off of her uncle -- something that's rarely there.

"You guys hungry?" Larissa asks. "Nat and Jacob are eating in the library."

"We got bacon, eggs, pancakes." Sam says.

"Veggie bacon?" Libby assumes.

"No, real bacon. Or-- or meat bacon, whatever." Sam says.

"You made meat bacon?" Libby questions.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"Is he sick?" Evie asks Larissa.

"No." Larissa answers.

"I'm fine." Sam assures.

"Right." Libby whispers. "You're not... dying or something, are you?"

"Oh, God." Evie dreads.

"No." Sam lets out a small laugh. "Come on, eat." He pushes the plate of pancakes towards the kids, though Libby doesn't miss the small look directed to her.

"Hey." Dean walks in.

"Bye." Ophelia grabs a few pancakes and Nathan's hand, dragging him out.

"Hey." Larissa grins.

"Ho-ho!" Sam exclaims. "Look who's alive."

"Why is she happy to see him?" Daphne whispers to the twin girls, giving a concerned look to Larissa.

"Maybe she's dying." Delaney suggests, biting into a piece of bacon.

"Maybe she's sick." Billy shrugs.

"Go count your pot brownies." Libby tells Billy.

"Dude, I don't keep track of them. I'm not a stoner version of Sheldon Cooper or some shit." Billy remarks.

"No need to be so rude about it. I'm a child." Libby says.

"You're 18, munchkin." Billy retorts, flicking her in the head.

"You should remember that when Ethan spends the night." Libby quips.

"18's too young for that." Billy scoffs.

"Well..." Libby mumbles. Billy frowns at her, turning when there's movement in the doorway, Ethan walking in.

"Oh, fuck no, young lady." Billy chides, giving Libby a stern look. "He is outta here." He points to the boy.

"Whoa, hey, hey. Relax, Billy." Sam tells him. "Ethan, come eat, if you want."

"Oh, my God." Libby grins.