064. like father, like daughter

"Who goes to Duluth in October? Sure Michael didn't touch down in Orlando?" Bobby asks.

"Jo was pretty specific. Duluth." Mary says.

"Yeah, well, angels ain't exactly known for their veracity." Bobby says. Mary clears her throat, looking behind Bobby who turns to see Cas walk in. "No offense." He tells the angel.

"None taken. I tend to agree with you." Cas says.

"Here you go." Mary puts a gun next to Sam on the table. "Hey, what's that?" She asks, looking at the laptop.

"So I've been searching through police reports in Duluth. Cops just turned up a pile of corpses that was dumped near some train tracks just north of town and their eyes were burnt out." Sam says.

"So Michael. We should go now." Cas says.

"No. This isn't just Michael we're talking about." Sam says.

"It's Dean." Bobby says.

"Cas, you know why you can't come with us, right?" Sam asks.

"My angelic presence would be sensed by Michael, thereby nullifying your hopes of a sneak attack." Cas says.

"Yeah, sorry." Sam says.

"And, you need me to stay here and babysit Nick and Jack." Cas says.

Libby tenses up at Nick's name, it not going unnoticed by Sam. He's still the only one who knows about what happened, the girl not wanting to tell anybody else and he knows it's her story to share so he makes sure to keep his mouth shut around the others.

"It's not babysitting, Cas." Sam says, combing his fingers through Libby's hair.

"Only in the sense that they're not infants, but they both have to be supervised. Jack is lost without his grace, Nick is... he's just a mess."

"Well, it-- it's not his fault. Cas, Nick was housing, you know. He-- he deserves a shot at rebuilding his life." Sam defends.

"Can he get a different face?" Evie asks.

"And yet every time I look at him, all I can see is the supreme agent of evil." Cas remarks.

"You talking about my dad again?" Jack asks, walking in. "Look, I understand. Being around Nick -- it's hard for me, too."

"Uh, Jack, we're going to need you to sit this mission out. Not a permanent thing." Mary promises.

"I know last time I sucked when it mattered, and I need to improve. So... that's what I'm gonna do." Jack says.

"All right. Okay. Let's move." Sam says.

"Be safe." Larissa tells her husband. 

"Promise." He smiles, pecking her on the lips.

+++

Daphne is curled up on a chair in the library and staring at the same page in the book on her lap just as she has been for the past hour or so.

"Hey." She looks up and sees Lennox. "Um... want a cookie?" She holds a chocolate chip cookie out to Daphne.

"Thanks." Daphne manages a weak smile, taking the cookie.

"Yeah." Lennox mumbles, sitting on the arm of the chair. "What are you reading?"

"I wouldn't say "reading."" Daphne says, holding the book out to Lennox.

"Anne of Green Gables. My mom used to read me this before bed." She says.

"Really?" Daphne asks.