069. snow

Sam, Larissa, Natalie, and Jacob get to Donna's cabin and it's nighttime. Sam was worried about Dean given his departure, dragging the others with him. They walk around outside and all freeze when Dean turns to them with a gun.

"Dean! Whoa, easy!" Sam holds his hands up, an arm spreading out to be in front of his wife.

"Dean, what's going on here?" Sam asks.

"It's mom. She's gone." Dean states.

~ ~ ~

"I got his tags, put my guys on it, they're running 'em. I'm sorry." Donna tells them as they stand in her cabin.

"It's not your fault, Donna." Dean says.

"It's mine." Sam says. "Nick said when he left he was just gonna go home. I-I didn't know he was--"

"Killing people?" Dean questions his brother.

"Relax." Larissa harshly whispers, twisting Dean's ear making him cry out in pain.

"Sheriff?" A voice comes through Donna's radio.

"Yeah. Go for Hanscum." She replies.

"We got that van you were looking for. A traffic cam just caught it puling into a storage facility outside Grand Rapids." The cop informs.

"Copy that. I got it from here." Donna says.

"How far is Grand Rapids?" Dean asks.

"30, 40 minutes." Donna answers.

"We'll be there in 20." Dean states.

+++

A couple days after Dean managed to get Sam to agree to the Ma'lak box plan, they're on the way to the ocean. Dean stops at a rest stop.

"Hey. Man, I-I just want to make sure that you're still with me on this thing. You're gonna see it through to the end." Dean says.

"Well, I gave you my word, didn't I?" Sam asks.

"Okay, alright. Just, you know, after what you said last night, I-I-I don't need you guys coming up with some way to stop me." Dean says.

"You know, mom hates this. I hate this. We all hate this." Sam says.

"I know." Dean tells them.

"And Cas and Jack, the kids, you haven't even told them." Sam says.

"Okay, well, yeah, that's because I'm not good with the whole big goodbyes, alright? I-I-I don't need to get shaky on this thing." Dean says.

"Wouldn't be the worst thing." Sam comments.

"You know what Michael wants to do, you know that this will stop it, and you know that there's no other way. So, just put the end of this trip outta your head, okay?"

Dean gets out and goes to the bathroom. Sam takes his phone out, calling Cas and putting it on speaker so the others can hear.

"Sam." Cas says.

"Cas." Sam replies.

"Were you able to talk him out of it?" Cas asks.

"No. So, I'm counting on you. Uh, any luck?" Sam asks.

"I-I did as you asked. I've-I've looked for any possible way to forcibly extract Michael and destroy him. But so far, nothing." Cas explains.

"And what about Rowena?" Sam asks.

"She went through the entire Book of the Damned and found nothing. And I told her to do it again, see if she missed something, and, uh... well, the woman has a remarkable command of profanity." Cas states.