067. soul deals

They're waiting in the hallway while Cas is in Jack's room and trying to figure out what's wrong with the Nephilim who had coughed blood and passed out earlier.

"What's taking so long?" Dean asks.

"I don't know. Whatever's going on with Jack is probably complicated." Sam says.

"Yeah, but, I mean, weird stuff happens to kids all the time. They get coughs, bloody noses. Hell, Briar had a bloody nose the other day. She's fine." Dean says.

"Well, I mean... Briar was trying to climb a bookshelf before falling and landing straight on her face so... there's a reason for that bloody nose, it's not so out of the blue." Jacob remarks.

"Whatever. You get my point." Dean says.

After a couple more moments, Cas walks out.

"Is he okay?" Dean asks.

"I--I did what I could, but I don't... I-I don't know what's wrong with him." Cas says.

"But you can figure it out, right?" Dean asks.

They hear a crash from Jack's room, all rushing in.

"Jack?" Sam rushes over to where Jack is lying on the floor. "Jack? Hey. Jack!" The boy starts foaming at the mouth.

+++

They're at the hospital and at the front desk. Libby, Evie, and Delaney stayed back at the bunker with the three kids, their parents not wanting them in the hospital. Cas is holding onto Jack's arm to keep him up.

"Look, could you just get him inside?" Dean asks the receptionist.

"Sir, I just need some basic information. That's the procedure. I do the work up, then I take him back." The woman states.

"Okay, the basic information is he's sick." Dean says.

"Do you see anyone here who isn't?" The woman asks.

"Well, I'm sure at least one person's here for some sort of injury." Billy remarks.

"His full name, please." The woman demands. "You do know his name, right?"

"Jack." Dean says.

"Um... Kline." Larissa says. "Jack Kline."

"Date of birth?" The woman asks after typing his name in.

"Come on. Is that important?" Dean asks.

"What did you say your relationship is to the patient?" The woman asks.

"May 18th." Sam says. "Date of birth -- May 18th."

"2000 -- '99." Dean says. "2000." He decides on. Larissa hides her eye roll from the receptionist.

"Uh-huh. Family medical history? Let's start with the father." The woman says.

"He's dead." Dean states.

"Cause of death?" She asks.

The hunters share awkward looks, not sure what to say.

"He was stabbed through the heart and he exploded." Cas states. The hunters give him 'what the hell' looks.

"Okay, you know what? We don't have time for this. All right, he's sick. His name is Jack Kline. His father exploded. There, you've got all the basics. Now what does he need to do to see a doctor?"

Jack falls to the floor.

"Jack." Cas calls, the group surrounding him.

~ ~ ~