005. marshmallow nachos

Sam and Larissa are asleep in bed, Larissa lying on her side and Sam is on his stomach and Larissa has her arm over his back. Sam's alarm goes off and he blindly reaches around it for it and turns it off. He looks at the time, letting out a sigh.

Sam sits up and yawns, taking a few moments to somewhat wake up.

"Sammy, I love you... but what psycho wakes up at 6:30 in the goddamn morning?" Larissa tiredly asks.

The two hear a gentle knocking on the door followed by somebody trying to open the door.

"Your daughter." Sam retorts.

"No, no, her waking up this early is all you. That is your daughter. My daughters are the two sane teenagers who wake up around 10 or 11." Larissa says, yawning.

"Did you just call teenagers "sane"?" Sam laughs.

"You know what I mean." Larissa grumbles, trying to fall back asleep.

Sam quietly laughs and hears the little knocks on the door again. Sam quickly kisses Larissa on the cheek before getting up and opening the door.

"Daddy." Athena reaches up to him the moment he's in her line of sight. He's always the one who gets her when she wakes up early aside from the times she's dead set on gluing herself to Larissa.

"Yeah, hey, baby girl." Sam picks her up, leaving the door cracked.

"Food." Athena says.

"I know. We're getting there." Sam quietly says, not talking too loud since he's still partly asleep. Athena holds her stuffed animal to his face.

"Oh. Mm-hmm." Sam kisses the stuffed animal's head. Athena rests her head on Sam's shoulder, one hand gripping onto his shirt while the other holds her stuffed animal.

Sam goes into the kitchen and turns the light on. He goes over to the coffee maker and grabs the pot, moving to the sink. He fills it up and makes his way back over to the coffee maker and puts the pot there before stopping.

Sam slowly moves back to the table, observing the junk food. Athena lifts her head, gasping at the junk food.

"Candy." She leans down, trying to reach the food.

"I don't think so." Sam lifts her upright making her whine.

"Surprise!" Athena screams and Sam turns and punches the man with his free hand. The high pitched scream immediately wakes Larissa up and gets her out of bed.

Sam quickly puts Athena on the bench of the table and grips the man's shirt in one hand, holding his fist up.

"Who are you?" He asks, making sure he's standing in front of Athena.

"Stwangew danga!" Athena points to the man in the colorful clothes.

"It's me, Sam! It's Sully!" He says.

"What?" Sam asks.

"You remember me, right? I made all your favorite snacks. We're friends. Like best friends. You remember?" Sully asks.

"Mama daddy's best fwiend." Athena says. She stands up and leans over, dipping her finger in the melted marshmallows that are drizzled over the chips. She hums in delight when she tastes it, immediately going back for more.

"Sully?" Sam asks.

"Yeah." He nods.

"No. You're not real." Sam says.

"Well, how'd you punch me, then?" Sully asks.

Larissa races into the kitchen, everybody but Ophelia following her. Larissa relaxes at no sign of a threat, but grows confused when she sees Sam threatening to punch the air.