095. mama bear

"Hey, you got anything?" Dean asks, walking into the library.

"Uh, this thing in Missouri. Not too far." Sam says. "Felt like a case, but I don't think it is. How about you?"

"Yeah, check this out." Dean says, sitting across from him. "Last night, power goes out in Atlantic City."

"So...?" Sam asks.

"So, local crews can't find anything wrong. There were no storms, nothing wrong with the grid. Still... darkness." He gives Sam the laptop. Larissa leans over to look at it.

"And you think...?"

"Well, this weekend, the, uh, what was it? The Camelot Palace Casino, they're putting up the biggest keno jackpot ever." Dean says.

"How's that important?" Sam asks.

"Chuck said Amara loves keno."

"I thought he was kidding."

"He's not that funny."

"You think Amara just popped up in New Jersey and caused a blackout?"

"She's a player."

"It's weak."

"Well, right now, weak is all we have, okay? Cause nobody's found anything. And without Amara, we're screwed. So, Atlantic City? All you can eat prime rib, and possibly one all powerful cosmic being. Come on, man, sounds like a road trip to me."

"Cas." Sam notes as the angel walks in.

"Hey, right on time." Dean says.

~ ~ ~

"Well, I should go with you." Cas says, following them through the hallway. Larissa is holding Liam and he's playing with her hair.

"Cas, it's probably nothing." Sam dismisses.

"Uh, so I'm, what, supposed to just sit here?" Cas asks.

"Well, somebody's got to keep an eye on Jack in case Billie shows up for his, uh, thing." Dean says.

"You have children -- biological and adopted -- to watch after him." Cas says. "While you track down one of the most powerful beings in existence and lie to her face."

"Exactly." Dean nods.

"Dean, Amara's dangerous. You can't just charge in." Cas says.

"We're not, okay? Plus, you know, she and I used to have a thing, so..."

They get to the library and Jack is on Sam's laptop.

"Sam, what's this case about?" Jack asks.

"I wouldn't worry about it. It's, uh, not our kind of thing." Sam says.

"You sure it's nothing spooky?" Dean asks.

"I mean, a kid got killed. It's tragic, obviously, but the local cops can handle it." Sam says.

"Great. But you know what? Why don't you and Cas go run it down just to be sure?" Dean suggests, looking at Jack.

"Really?" He asks.

"What?" Cas asks.

"Yeah, you said you don't want to sit around here, and after the whole Mrs. Butters thing..."

"Mrs. what?" Cas asks.

"She was cool until she went all cuckoo." Athena comments, twirling her finger around her ear.

"Just get out there, you know, stay busy." Dean says.

"With a murder investigation?" Cas asks.

"Yeah." Dean nods.