083. bacon

Larissa is asleep, but wakes up when she feels the bed move and the warm from Sam's body leaves. She opens her eyes, watching him sit up and realizes he's breathing heavily.

"Sammy?" She groggily calls. "Baby, you okay?"

"I-- ye-yeah. Yeah, no, I'm... I'm fine." Sam says.

"You sure?" She asks.

"Yeah. Yeah. Just... just go back to sleep. I'm okay." Sam says, rubbing her shoulder.

+++

Ophelia walks into the kitchen as Dean leaves.

"Hey--" He starts, but she ignores him. Dean sighs and walks out. Sam grabs a piece of what Dean told him was veggie bacon. Before he can take a bite, Ophelia grabs the piece of bacon in his hand and the plate.

"Wh--" Sam looks up at her.

"It's not veggie bacon. He's being his usual piece of shit self. Boundaries are not a thing to Dean Winchester, unless they're his." Ophelia says, putting the plate on the counter.

"Right. Yeah, of course." Sam scoffs. "Well, thank you."

"Mm-hmm." She hums. Ophelia gets what she needs to make waffles, partly hoping it'll calm her down. Sam notices her grab something out of the fridge and put it on the counter before seemingly start to cook bacon.

"You know, there's a plate of bacon right there." Sam points out, getting up and walking over to the counter.

"I know. That's pig bacon. This is veggie bacon." Ophelia says.

"What?" Sam asks, a confused laugh leaving him.

"I got veggie bacon yesterday when Nate and I went to the store last. Figured why leave you out." Ophelia says.

"Oh. Thanks, bug. I appreciate it." Sam softly smiles at her.

"You're welcome." Ophelia says.

"Can I just say I'm very thankful Jacob and Natty raised you. Don't think any of us could handle two Deans." Sam says making Ophelia quietly laugh.

"Well, you and Rissa helped... sometimes. You especially prior to Jacob." Ophelia says.

"You doing okay?" Sam asks. "You know, in general? Or-or with Dean and Nate..."

"Uh... yeah. Yeah, no, I-I'm good." Ophelia nods. "Wish we could just figure out Chuck so we could leave, but..."

"Yeah." Sam mumbles. "Look, if you would want to... you know, dip out early." He says. "Nobody would blame you."

"Think Jacob's ready to let go?" Ophelia asks with a small smirk.

"No. No, he's definitely moving him, Nat, and the twins into your basement or attic or whatever." Sam says, the two laughing. "Whatever you do, though, you know that we will always love you." He tells her, kissing her on the head.

"Yeah, I know." Ophelia quietly says, smiling.

+++

The three siblings, Larissa, and Jacob are in town on a case, nobody else wanting to come along.

"Yeah, watch the bikes. Davis, use a crosswalk. Let's go! Keep it moving!" Mrs. Bailey orders students while she's with Sam, Natalie, and Jacob.

"So... our victim..." Sam says.

"Susie Martin." Mrs. Bailey says.

"Yeah." Sam nods.

"What happened to her, I can't even imagine." Mrs. Bailey says.