058. recruiting rowena

They're in the library and Dean calls Rowena, putting her on speaker.

"Hello, boys, girlies. I'm very sure I've done nothing that you know of to make you want to call, but how lovely to hear from you." Rowena says.

"Rowena, that's not... we, um..."

"You'll have to speak up." Rowena tells Sam.

"We need your help." Dean states.

"Really?" Rowena asks.

"We must assemble our most powerful allies to rescue our family and confront the archangel Michael." Cas says. "Now, he's in an alternate universe so--"

"Ah, the handsome angel is there, isn't he? Hello, tweety pie." Rowena greets.

"Um, hello." Cas mumbles.

"Lads, ladies, obviously I'd love to help after what you... oh, Sam did for me, but I'm in the damp pacific northwest right now working on my own little project." Rowena states.

"Project?" Dean asks.

"What project?" Sam asks.

"Oh, nothing for you to worry about. Just checking a few items off my little to do list." Rowena says.

"Sure, that didn't sound ominous." Dean says sarcastically.

"Rowena, are you at a... party or something?" Sam asks.

"I am, but I'm surprised you recognize the sounds of a party, seeing as how you're all work and no play." Rowena says.

"You know, you guys never do go to parties." Daphne quietly says. Dean shushes her.

"Look, we didn't call to talk. We... the world is in danger, Rowena." Dean says.

"And I'm currently surrounded by art that makes me think the world should be in danger. Best of luck to you, boys and girls. My six little musketeers." Rowena hangs up.

"Damn it." Dean mutters.

"You know, she's right. You never go to parties." Cas says.

+++

"We got a problem." Sam says as he, Larissa, Jacob, and Natalie walk into the kitchen where Dean and Cas are.

"Another one?" Dean asks. "Awesome."

"All the stuff that Rowena said on the phone -- uh, Pacific Northwest, art gallery, party -- I-I think I found her." Sam says, handing his tablet to Dean who reads over the article.

"A rich lady exploded?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. Uh, local cops are-are calling it spontaneous combustion. Pretty much." Sam says.

"Well, that does sound like Rowena." Cas says.

"I knew it. I fucking knew it, man. You gave her that page. What'd you think was gonna happen, huh?" Dean asks Sam.

"She wanted to protect herself." Sam says.

"Yeah, by barbecuing someone?"

"We don't know what this is yet. Maybe she had a reason to--"

"Doesn't matter what the reason is. That's not okay!"

"Okay, I said if Rowena goes bad again, I'd deal with it, so I'll deal with it."

"You better. Cas, you wanna try this angel thing, then go for it. Just don't get dead again."

+++

It's nighttime and Dean is driving with Larissa and Sam in the passenger seat, the giant trying to call Rowena again. The teenagers are in the backseat, Natalie and Jacob having stayed back with the kids.