044. tombstone

They're all sitting in the library when the three siblings get back from the hunt.

"Hey." Sam greets.

"Daddy!" Athena climbs out of her seat and rushes to him, Sam picking her up.

"Hey, baby." Sam smiles, kissing her on the cheek, and Athena hugs him.

"How'd it go?" Jack asks.

"Well..." Dean starts.

"Jack, um..." Sam starts.

"What's wrong?" Jack asks. Everybody freezes when the angel walks in.

"Hello, Jack. Hi, everybody." Cas greets.

"Castiel?" Jack asks.

"Yeah, it's me." Cas says.

"But Cas went bye bye." Athena frowns in confusion.

"Well, um... he came back. Like mommy and Libby did." Sam tells her.

"No. We burned your body and what's burned stays dead. How..." Jack trails off, glancing between the others in confusion.

"Well, that's the question we've been askin'." Dean says.

"Jack... did you, uh... did you bring Cas back?" Sam asks.

"I don't know. I wanted him back. I... begged for him to come back, but..." Jack trails off.

"Well, here he is." Dean says.

"Because of me?" Jack asks.

"We don't know. We don't know, Jack. But we-we-- we think maybe." Sam says.

"Thank you, Jack." Cas tells him. Jack walks over and hugs him.

"I missed you so much." Jack says.

"Sam, Natalie, and Dean tell me you're doing well." Cas says.

"I am. I... watch this." Jack goes to the table. He holds his hand out, a pencil levitating in the air for a few seconds. "I can move the pencil." He smiles.

"Yeah, you guys said he was supposed to be fun." Briar pouts.

"Briar." Natalie gives her a look.

"I'm just saying." Briar says. "Dude was boring. Nobody cares about a pencil that much. I mean, seriously, he--" Jacob clamps his hand over his daughter's mouth. He gives the others a tight lipped smile before leaning down.

"What did we say about filtering your words?" He quietly asks, taking his hand away.

"I don't know. I wasn't listening." Briar says.

Jacob sighs.

"And... I found a case. Hunter's case." Jack states, sitting back down and moving his laptop more in Sam and Cas' direction so they can see the screen.

"What kind of a--"

"Zombies." Jack says, cutting Dean off. "I know what zombies are now." He whispers to Cas. "You see?" He pulls up the case information.

"Wait. Where'd you learn to do that?" Dean asks.

"By watching you guys. Three days ago, a vintage pocket watch with a personal inscription was sold at a pawn shop. But when they went to authenticate it, they found out that it'd been buried with its owner... 20 years ago. And when they checked out the grave, it was empty. Which means... the dead are rising in Dodge City, Kansas."

"Right. O-or maybe it's a-a grave robbery, but..." Sam says.

"Oh." Jack mumbles.

"Yeah, but we should probably check it out." Dean says.