018. mac and cheese

Jacob and the kids get back to the bunker, him having gone to pick them up a couple days after the case. Athena immediately races off to find her parents.

"I got a surprise for you guys." Jacob tells the twins, leading them to the kitchen.

"Is it a zipline?" Briar hopefully grins.

"We talked about that -- no." Jacob says making her pout.

"More Legos?" Justin asks.

"You have an unhealthy Lego obsession." Briar rolls her eyes.

"Not Legos. Much better." Jacob says.

"What's better than Legos?" Justin frowns.

They step into the kitchen, eyes widening at Natalie standing by the counter.

"Mommy!" The two race to her.

Natalie grins, kneeling down and her kids crash into her. Natalie tightly holds them, relishing in the hug. Jacob watches them with a soft smile, his heart swelling in adoration.

"You're really back?" Briar grins.

"I am back and I'm not going anywhere, babies." Natalie promises.

+++

Natalie is making breakfast with Sam, both cooking for their respective children.

"Hey, so, um... so, I--" Natalie starts. "Jacob and I were thinking of taking the kids and just... spending a week away. Just our kids, of course." She says.

"What, like-- like a little vacation?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, you know, just to... to rekindle the mother/children relationship. Kind of... get them used to me again, explain some stuff." Natalie says. "I know we have a lot going on here with-- with Lissy and the Brits so if we can't go--"

"Go." Sam tells her.

"Are you sure?" She asks. Part of her feels guilty for leaving him in a huge time of need.

"Yes." Sam nods. "We... we all need to-- to value what's important. That's our kids. You guys deserve that time to reconnect with each other. They've missed you a ton."

"I'm really sorry, Sammy." Natalie frowns. "I can't imagine what you guys are going through. I wish I could do something."

"I know. Thanks." Sam sadly smiles.

+++

The brothers, Libby, Evie, Nathan, Billy, and Daphne are in the kitchen and eating breakfast. Although, Libby is playing with her food more than eating it. Athena is off playing since she already ate and Larissa still hasn't gotten out of her bed.

Sam had spent a few days in bed but finally found the strength to get up, knowing he couldn't wallow in pain. Plus, he had to be there for the others and make sure Athena is still doing okay, the girl not understanding why her mom refuses to get up.

"All right, so what have you found on her Majesty's Secret Suckbags?" Dean asks his brother.

"Well, I may have turned the bunker upside down looking for any reference whatsoever to the British Men of Letters and all I found was this letter tucked into an old ledger, uh, from the London Chapterhouse." Sam says.

"Okay, well, that's something." Dean says.

"Yeah, uh... not so much." Sam shows the mostly blacked out letter.

"Awesome." Dean remarks and notices Cas walk in, standing in the entryway. "Morning, sunshine. Some coffee?"

"No, thank you. I have to go." Cas says, walking off. The brothers share a look and follow him.