16 [] Thats What Friends Are For

TW: MINOR SWEARING

Madeleine watched as espresso slowly walked over to him.

"How is it. You know, being stuck in here all day."
Espresso asked, crossing his arms.

The Knight sighed and thought for a moment.

"It's been fine, Pure Vanilla comes in every now and then, but it gets quite bored."

Espresso looked at him and nodded.

"Must be boring. You seen healthy though, why dont they let you go?"

Espresso asks Madeleine, and he responds with:
"They said I have to have someone volunteer to watch me."

Madeleine glances out the window to his side. The moon was bright tonight. Espresso looks over to where he was looking and saw the stars followed by the moon.

The two met eyes for a second, and espresso looked to the side again. Madeleine rubbed his bandage, the bandage on his forehead, and Espresso glanced at him.

Must be bored.
And tired. I can't believe I actually. . .
No.
It's fine. I'm fine. He's fine.

Espresso doubted himself for a moment before sitting down in a chair next to Madeleines bed. The two talked for a while until Madeleine started getting a bit tired. And Espresso didn't notice.

"I'll get going. You seem tired."

Espresso said, starting to get up from the chair.

"No! Stay, I've been lonely."

Madeleine says, yawning again. Espressosat back down in his chair, crossing his arms and continued to listen as Madeleine talked.

Espresso nodded when Madeleine asked a yes or no question. Or just shook his head in response to no. Then Madeleine started trailing off a bit.

When Espresso looked over at him, he saw Madeleiene had fallen asleep. Espresso yawned as well. His eyes were getting heavy as well. He thought that he should probably get going.

Espresso rubbed his eyes as he took his glasses off. Then, he put his glasses on the table next to Madeleines bed as he rubbed his eyes.

And then sighed. Yawning again.

Eventually.

Falling asleep in the chair.

The next day. . .

Espresso was awake but kept his eyes closed to listen to the conversation.
"Hes, fine, dont worry."
"But! What if he passed out or  -  !?"

He could tell it was Lattes and Pure Vanillas' voices talking with each other.

"Good morning to you two."
Espresso said, blinking and then putting his glasses back on.

"Espresso, I was worried sick when I woke up this morning!"
Latte said, walking towards him.
"You fell asleep in the middle of the night when you came to visit."
Madeleine commented after staying silent.

"I guess so."

Espresso said, yawning again. Latte started lecturing Espresso on how he shouldn't leave out of nowhere.

"I thought you were mad, or you thought I hated you! And that you ran away or something! I- I- "

Latte started breaking up a bit and hugged espresso.

"Im just glad you're okay."

Pure Vanilla left the room as Latte started shaking a bit. Her shoulders jumped up a bit. Espresso hugged Latte back as he rubbed her back. And Madeleine watched this unfold.

"At least it's wholesome."

Madeleine said and started laughing a bit. Latte followed with the laughter along with espresso, who faintly started chuckling. And Espresso stared at the two smiling softly as the two laughed. Madeleine needed a person to take care of him to leave.

Later. . .

"Espresso, you really dont - "

"If Im the reason you got injured, then Im responsible for it."

Madeleines injuries weren't that bad, though. His forehead was still bad, but other than that, it was a broken arm and some bruises.

Espresso helped Madeleine into his house and sat him down onto the couch.

"Latte will come here later to help."

Espresso said and watched as Madeleine rubbed his head again.

"Dont fiddle with the bandage so much. It might cause you to bleed again."

Madeleine nodded and tried to ignore the bandage. And successfully did ignore it. Espresso looks at him, and Madeleine stares at him.

"Are you hungry?"
Espresso asks, crossing his arms.
"You can cook?"
Madeleine asks, laughing.

"Of course, dumbass."

Espresso says in response and heads to the kitchen, helping Madeleine into the kitchen chair. Espresso listened as Madeleine talked, and he cooked.

"Im not the best at cooking. So I hope some jellies are good."

Espresso said, and Madeleine nodded.

"It's fine, Im not very picky."

Madeleine reassured him, and espresso nodded and brought a plate over to  the table. Madeleine took the plate, and Espresso gave him a fork. Espresso sat down across from him. Madeleine started to pick at his food and chewed.

The two talked a bit and also talked about their day, and Madeleine kept telling him that he didn't have to come and take care of him.

"I think Latte might be here soon."

Espresso said, and right on cue, Latte knocked on the door.

"Im here!"
Latte said in her usual singing voice.

Espresso opened the door and led her to the kitchen. Latte and Madeleine both started talking as espresso watched the two. He felt safe.

"How've you been? You know Espresso felt real bad, so he felt as if he needed to volunteer!"

Latte said, and Espresso tried to reason. But Madeleine was already laughing. Espresso crossed his arms as he saw the two talking.

After Madeleine finished the food, the two siblings helped him to the living room again and onto the couch. Espresso went to the kitchen to make coffee, and Latte and Madeleine started talking.

"You know, Espressos is not doing this because he feels bad."
Latte said.
"I mean, he does feel bad, but. He feels more. Like sorry, in a way he can't express."

She said, and Madeleine nodded.

"I mean, friends are always sorry for things. And more. Thats what they're for. They care for you."

And he finished talking. Latte and Madeleine listened as espresso grinded coffee beans in the kitchen. Madeleine began to talk again once Espresso entered the room.

The three talked, and espresso sipped his coffee every now and then. The smell of bitter coffee filled the room.

Espresso drank some of his coffee, and Madeleine continued to talk.

"Pure Vanilla said to take it easy, though. I think I'll be fine."

Madeleine said, and Latte and Espresso immediately began objecting.

"What!? No! You have to take it gentle!"
"Look at your forehead and leg!"

Espressos coffee sloshed around in his cup a bit.

WORDS: 1068
LONGEST CHAPTER  SO FAR LETS GO!