33 [] The truth

Guess what
Angst <3

It seemed weird to have a shadow following espresso. It was weird how he was the only one who could see them. Conscious followed Espresso as he walked to Madeleines place.

Espresso knocked on the door, and Conscious began disappearing.

"I'll see you later!"

"Oh! Espresso!"

Madeleine had answered the door and noticed the cup in Espressos' hands.

"Why - ?"

"Don't ask."

Madeleine let Espresso in, and the two talked for a while. Espresso saw Conscious every once in a while poking out, going through the kitchen, and walking behind Madeleine. They were forming from  espresso to Madeleine over and over again.

Every now and then, Conscious would make a comment every now and then, like:

“Hes such a darling, isn't he?”
“Do you think he'll mind if I take this bowl?”

They seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Espresso ignored her but answered them with a whisper every now and then.

[Conscious might show up in my other books, btw!]

Madeleine and Espresso continued to talk. Every time Madeleine was distracted, Espresso would talk to Conscious. Conscious reminded Espresso of someone. Someone who would be pretty toxic?

Espresso decided not to think about it as Madeleine and espresso left the house. As the two walked, Conscious kept showing up, and Espresso tried ignoring them.

"And Raspberry and Latte are dating, right?"
Madeleine asked, and Espresso nodded, laughing s bit.
"I can now confirm it is true!"
Madeleine said, obviously proud.

Espresso chuckled at Madeleines response. The two walked through the snow, and Conscious had seemed to disappear.

"It's gonna be Crispmas soon."
[Crispmas 😍]

Madeleine commented as Espresso walked by him.

"Hm, I guess so."

Espresso said, and the two began talking again. Later, they spotted Latte walking with Eclair, and Latte spotted them and started waving at them. Eclair looked up and noticed them.

"Hey!"
Latte ran over to the two and then waved Eclair over.

As they walked, espresso listened as the three talked. Eclair explained that he was quite busy with the museum and the guilds bringing in relics.

Later, . .

Espresso and Latte were back at their place. They were waving at Eclair and Madeleine as they headed back into their house. Espresso went to the kitchen and started making coffee. Latte went to her room.

After a while, Latte was alseep, and espresso was drinking coffee at the couch.

“Hello dear friend!”

Espresso flinched at the sudden voice and then realized it was just conscious.

"Hi again."

“Maybe a more of a warmer welcome, huh?”

Conscious walked around espresso for a moment before talking.

“Do you know who I am?”

Conscious asked, and espresso looked at them.

"Your Conscious arent you - ?"

“Ah! No, no! Well, that's one of my names! I have other names! Such as anxiety, uh, the thing that keeps me up at night! You know?”

Conscious looked at espresso. Espresso looked at them.

“The thing is. Im not real. Im just your thoughts!”

Espresso stared at them for a long while before. Conscious continued talking.

“I do find you dearing, of course! Only for my own amusement, though!”

Conscious formed into Madeleine.

“You starve for attention and other cookies. But you just push them away.”

Conscious changed into espresso. Espresso looked up at them as Conscious looked down at him.

“Its everything Espresso wants. Coffee, his sister, his darling friends. Everything that Espresso needs wants. It doesn't matter if cookies want to see him. It doesn't matter if he's been inside for too long. It's what he wants.”

Conscious let out a laugh as she formed into Latte once more.

"That's not true - "

Espresso objected but was quickly interrupted to Conscious beginning to talk again.

“Of course it's no! Because he's the victim, isn't he?”

Conscious said as another small white line crossed their face, forming another smile. Espresso looked at her with a frightened expression. Conscious slightly turned their head to the side.

"I can't believe I actually trusted you."

“Of course you trust me. im a part of you!”

They say, starting to laugh.

WORDS: 676

Conscious is actually based on one of my OCs' help 💀