38 [] Well?

Later, it was dark, and espresso was reading as Conscious talked to him. He yawned as Conscience kept talking. Espresso wanted some coffee, but he couldn't just walk out.

"Ahhhh, I wonder how long you'll be here for!"

Conscious said and laughed again. Espresso put the pillow over his face and went to sleep.

"Espresso, look, it's raining outside!"
Another dream. Except it was a memory.
"Okay. . . ? It's not like we're gonna go outside. . ."

It was when him and Latte played in the rain for the first time.

"Cmon! Let's try something new! All we've done today was read and draw anyway!"

He remembers. He misses it. He wants to go back.

"But - "

"Let's go!"

Espresso puts his hand up as he watches a child version of him and Latte walk by. There's a glass wall separating him and the two kids. He presses his hand against the glass and watches them leave through the door.

He walks to the side and sees child Latte and him in the rain. Lattes jumping around in the puddles laughing and espresso has his hands over his head.

"I hate the rain!"

"Really?"

"Yes!"

"How could anyone hate the rain! It's the best!"

Child Latte says and runs around, splashing in the rain. Child Espresso looks at her and puts his hands down.

Espresso watches as the two kids start dancing around. He laughs slightly. The laugh was sad. The memory was supposed to be happy. He wants his sister back. He wants his friends back.

"Cmon, it's fun!"

"Ugh - ... fine."

Espresso watched through the glass, and the kids ran around. Espresso crumbled to the floor. He sat there and stared at the ground.

"Sleepyhead, wake up!"

Conscious had woken him up, and Espresso blinked for a few moments. He gathered his surroundings and then looked at Conscious.

"Fascinating that you're awake, huh?"

She says and fades away. Espresso stretches, and someone comes in to drop his food. He takes it and starts eating alone. As he eats, he feels a bit more lonely. He left a few scraps on his plate but finished the coffee.

Later. . .

"Hey! You have a visitor!"
Madeleine came in, and Espresso looked at him. Behind him was Latte.

Espresso blinked a few times before realizing it was actually Latte. Latte waved, and espresso backed himself in a corner.
"I dont wanna make you feel unwelcome - . . ."
He mumbled, and Latte looked at him, concerned.

Madeleine went up to the bars and told him she's fine. Espresso shook his head, and Madeleine went back to Latte.

[Im way too lazy to write a billion chapters of espresso in prison, so]

"Well, uh, Almond said that. . You can go out just under supervision so that you dont hurt anyone else!"

Madeleine said, and Latte smiled.

"Aw already? It was just getting fun."

Conscious commented and disappeared again.

Later. . .

The three were at Sparklings tavern. Espresso sat at the corner table. Madeleine and Latte were talking with Sparkling and Herb.

"Are you sure hes safe?"

Herb asked and Madeleine nodded.

WORDS: 509