36 [] Forgiveness

Almond leaves, and espresso goes back to doing nothing. He wants to see his sister, but he doubts anyone wants to see him at this moment.

The only one who he can talk to without being interrogated or getting food dropped off  is Conscious. Espresso talks with Conscious as she walks around the area.

“Everyone really does hate you! You probably hate yourself now.”

She laughs, and espresso glares. Conscious leaves after a while. Most likely because she was bored. Espresso wants to do something to keep himself busy but doesn't know what to do. There's barely anything in the room.

Espresso stretches. He sits on the bed in the room. It was just a mattress with a pillow and a thin blanket. Espresso looks out the window, and it is getting dark.

He needed coffee. But there was no coffee machine in his cell. Obviously.

He just thought about sleeping. Espresso laid down and fell asleep.

The next day, it was Conscious who woke him up.

“Heeeey!”

Conscious had woken espresso and espresso jerked awake. He remembered he was in the cell and straightened his glasses.

"Morning."

Espresso commented and took a moment to scan his surroundings. Conscious formed into Latte and started talking again.

“Your dear sister, she's probably scared of you! Scared, hatred,”

Conscious laughs and espresso yawned.

Espresso got up and stretched, and Conscious jumped around, forming into Espressos friends. Eclair, Latte, and Madeleine. Sparkling, Herb, and Raspberry.

Continuing. Conscious grinned and jumped through the bars. Jumping back and jumping around. She seemed happy to see Espresso suffering.

“Your life, shattering into a million small sharp shiny shards.”

She laughed, and Espresso just glared at her.

A cookie entered the room. Not saying a word and putting a plate of food through a square hole in the bars. Then, leaving.

Espresso looked at the plate. Coffee, and jellies. With a fork and knife. As he ate, Conscious continued to talk. He drank some of his coffee and took a bite from a jelly. A crunch instead of a chewy texture.

He lost his appetite.

But he drank the coffee. Conscious took the rest of the jellies.

After a while, the door went off to the side behind a wall opened. Espresso didn't see who it was at first, but then.

“Oh a visitor!”

Conscious said, and it was Madeleine who had come. He had Espressos journal and a pencil, and some books.

"Hey."

Madeleine said, and Espresso stared at him. Why was he here? He was a knight for the kingdom, but why would he bring Espresso his stuff.

"Hi."

Espresso said, and Madeleine put his journal and books through the bars. Espresso took and immediately started writing. He was bored and had nothing to do. And he slid the empty plate and mug through the bars.

"Why are you here . . . ?"
Espresso asked, looking up from his journal.
"1. To drop off your journal. 2."
Madeleine said and sighed.

"If you volunteered to help me. Then, I'll help you. And also because no one else wanted to check up on you every now and then."

'I can fix him!'

Espresso looked at him and then started to laugh.

"There is no way! You saw how I didn't even hesitate to hurt Eclair!"

Espresso said, and Madeleine crossed his arms.

"You pushed me down the stairs. But you were apologizing. Even though you would've distanced yourself."

Madeleine said, and Espresso glanced to the side. Conscious had gone, and Espresso continued to write in his journal.

"Latte said she was gonna come in a few days, but she's not ready yet. Shes. . . Recovering."

Madeleine said, and Espresso paused his writing.

"I think everyone is."

Espresso responded, and Madeleine sighed.

WORDS: 621