I never asked

Thanks so much for the votes, guys! OMG, you're all so amazing ♥

Chapter 42

You've got opinions,man,

We're all entitled to them,

But I never asked.

~King of Anything - Sarah Bareilles

Lily and I had been discussing how she'd best approach breaking up with Trey. A lot of tears and stolen ice cream later, we still had no clue how we were going to handle any of this.

The ice cream thing still had me a bit baffled to be honest. I had to trade my last remaining chocolate frogs with James for it and I had absolutely no idea where he had gotten the ice cream from. He refused to spill and since he had still been childishly upset over yesterday, he'd ran away as soon as he was able.

Even Lily had thought it strange since he hadn't made one single pass toward her during the whole exchange.

Anyway I was a bit sick, since once you start eating ice cream you just cannot stop and I overate myself, as we walked toward the place Lily had told Trey to meet her at.

"Are you sure you don't want me here?" I asked her for the third time that hour.

Lily gave me a look and took a shaky breath. "I'm certain, Nika," she said, rolling her shoulders nervously.

I stopped her a couple of feet away from the lake, where Trey was already sitting at, and took her hand. I squeezed it and gave her a gentle smile. "You are brave," I repeated our mantra, "you are strong and in need of no man."

"I am strong," Lily nodded. "I'm a Gryffindor and I'm bad ass."

"You are," I said softly, before letting her hand go and walking back to the castle. I could see Lily talking to her soon-to-be ex-boyfriend and bit my lip in anticipation. I wondered how the Hufflepuff would take it and what I would do if things went wrong.

I could hear some faint shouting, but they were too far away for me to understand. He pushed Lily and I had already taken three large, angry steps, when I saw Lily hex him into a pink tutu and dump him in the lake.

With a flick of her hair, she stalked away from him with her nose in the air as the Hufflepuff kept on screaming his head off.

I felt my lips twitch, but forced them down. I had no doubt that Lily was going to be replaying that moment over and over again and feel a bit guilty about the fact that she had hexed another student. Lily had almost reached me, when I heard some sort of commotion inside the castle. I turned around and opened the castle doors to see...

I stared blindly at the two brothers pointing their raised wands at each other. What on Earth.

"What else do you want, Regulus? Haven't you gotten enough?" Sirius shouted angrily. His wand was even shaking a little, which told me exactly how angry and upset he was. I stared at the mass of students surrounding them and elbowed my way through the horde. I wanted a better view of things and I needed to know whose ass I needed to kick in private later on.

"Oh, please, brother," Regulus spat viciously. "As if we don't all know that perfect little Sirius holds all the fucking cards."

I must admit that I froze at the venom in the younger Black's voice. I had never, ever heard him talk like that before and to say that it was a shock, would be an understatement. I heard the doors open again and knew that Lily would join me soon.