If you call for me, you know I'll run

Chapter 55

But if you send for me, you know I'll come

And if you call for me, you know I'll run

~ Old Money - Lana Del Rey

I don't really know how it came to be December already. I had been so preoccupied with Lily, with Regulus and, of course, with snogging the hell out of my handsome and incredibly charming boyfriend, I completely lost track of time. Lily was already freaking out because of the oncoming exams, which were still several months away... I mean, come on, Lily. Really?

So yeah. I don't know what happened to the weeks that flew by, but I do know that things are better now. Lily and the Marauders are kind of on good terms - as long as James keeps his opinions about his 'fabulous self' to himself that is. Sirius and I were great as well. He still teased me mercilessly even though he promised he wouldn't. He managed to murmur the dirtiest things in my ear at the most inopportune moments, too.

Like one day McGonagall asked me a question - I don't even remember what it was - and Sirius managed to whisper what he was going to do to me when he got my bra off later that night.

How nobody heard him, I don't know. I wouldn't have put it past him to create a magical soundproof bubble around us but I couldn't prove it. Anyway it's needless to say that I had no answer whatsoever for McGonagall. I do remember kicking Sirius in the shins though.

No matter how big the talk he talked was, we never went as far as we did during the summer holiday. Our underwear stayed on at all times, and I wasn't sure how I felt about it yet.

Did I want him to push it a little more? Or was I happy that he didn't push it at all? He must have been thinking about it, too, if the sexual innuendoes he kept sending my way were any indication. Yet he never made a move.

I bit my lip and stared at the window as the landscape flashed by. It seemed silly to worry whether Sirius wanted to shag me or not when we were meeting his brother later today.

"What are you thinking about?" Lily asked me curiously. The boys had disappeared off to who-knows-where to do who-knows-what. They had been gone for quite a while actually, now that I thought about it. What In Morgana's name could they be up to that took so long? We were on a train for Merlin's sake!

Lily was still looking at me expectantly, and that was when I remembered she'd asked me something. Right.

Eeerhm. I hesitated for a moment but I decided that I needed someone else's insight on this. "Do you think Sirius wants to shag me?"

Lily's eyes widened and her eyebrows shot up to her glorious red hair as she stared at me. "Come again?"

I felt myself redden but I shook my head. "It's just that, we've never actually gone that far, and he keeps saying things but he doesn't really go through with them?"

Lily blinked and slowly started nodding. "All right, and now you think he doesn't want to sleep with you?"

I gave one quick nod.

"You're crazy right?" she asked me after a few minutes of uncomfortable silence.

"Why?" I frowned.

"Because the lad practically undresses you with his eyes when you are within sight? Honestly, Nika," she said, shaking her head, "he wants to shag you. Trust me."

"Has he said something?"

She laughed a little. "Why would he say something to me about this? That's absurd."