The love you breathe

THE MOMENT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR HAS ARRIVED. HOORAY.

Chapter 58

'Cause all I need is the love you breathe,

Put your lips on me and I can live underwater.

~ Underwater - Mika

His lips caressed my neck and I sighed happily.

"I have to go," Sirius told me, even though he didn't move an inch.

"Then go," I whispered as I pulled him closer to me. Our lips found each other again, and we lost ourselves. Time stood still and our erratic heartbeats mixed with our panting created our very own theme song. His teeth teasingly pulled my lower lip into his mouth, and I groaned.

Tonight was the night of the full moon, and Sirius was so very late. We had finally managed to sneak off for a little while after dinner, and we were enjoying our stolen moment maybe a bit too much.

I had never thought that I would become one of those girls that would get her sexy times on in a broom closet, but well, look at me snogging the sass right out of Sirius Black in one now.

Sirius grabbed my hands and held them above my head as he pushed his hips against mine. He slowly released my lip, which was torture all on its own, and kissed me more thoroughly. Our tongues battled for dominance, and I am proud to say that this time mine won. I explored his mouth, which now seemed as familiar as my own, and pushed my body away from the wall and into his.

Sirius growled, and my toes curled in response. Merlin, I thought, I loved that sound.

When we finally ended our passionate kiss, we didn't break apart. Sirius' forehead touched mine, and we just were for the briefest of seconds. I closed my eyes and enjoyed our moment.

Our breaths mingled, and Sirius let his fingers slowly caress their way down my arms and to my. We still did not speak.

There were no insecurities, and there was no sadness when I looked into Sirius' eyes.

I realized something important then. Even though Sirius couldn't fix me any more than Dr. Greene could, he most certainly helped. I hadn't even thought of seeing Greene for a long time and that was because of Sirius. It wasn't that I was only depending on him, not at all. I'd figured that was what Dumbledore and Greene must have feared last year. Why else would they have been so worried and adamant that I not seek him out?

No, Sirius made me want to be more independent.

When I saw how Sirius almost commanded life to his will, it inspired me to want to do the same.

Only I could fix me, but Sirius' teasing touches and smug glances helped me on my way and that was perfectly okay. And even though I would be heartbroken if Sirius and I ever ended things, I now realized that I would survive. I would live and heal because that was what I did. The scars would always remain, and I would be a bit more broken than I was now but I'd survive. It's what I was best at after all. I was stronger now than the whiny, introverted girl I was a year ago and that was because of all the friends I'd made. Not just Sirius.

And I loved them all for making me stronger.

"You're going to be late," I finally whispered.

Sirius closed his eyes as if he needed a minute to compose himself. When he opened them again, he looked almost determined to leave me. He gave my lips a quick peck and winked at me. "I'll miss you."