I drown in you again

Chapter 9

A clock breaks till it breaks your glass,

And I drown in you again.

~ Clarity - Zedd ft. Foxes

Unfortunately for me, the Common Room wasn't empty when I entered. Several of my fellow Gryffindors were still studying and I saw Lily sitting with the other girls from our dorm. I was mentally debating the pros and cons of going over, when someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me next to him on the couch in front of the fire.

"Hi there friend," Sirius Black grinned.

I raised an eyebrow and battled the blush that threatened to take over my face. I quickly moved aside so our thighs weren't touching anymore and tried to look as indifferent as I possibly could. "Hi friend," I greeted.

"What did Albus want?"

I looked at the book in Sirius' lap and frowned. I doubted he was studying this late so he had to be up to something. "He wanted to talk about some things."

"Never knew you liked to be so vague, love. What kind of things?"

I rolled my eyes and tried to take the book away from him. Curiosity killed the cat and all that. "You mainly. He wanted me to stay away from you."

"Well," Sirius said good-humouredly as he smacked my hands away from his book, "I am madly dangerous and dashingly handsome. I can understand his concern."

I smacked his arm. "You're also insanely modest."

"Comes with the job, love." He waggled his eyebrows.

I wasn't sure I dared ask. "What job?"

"Of being Hogwarts' heartthrob."

I think I caught a Hippogriff or two with the way my mouth was hanging open. He - wait - what?

Sirius started chuckling. "Way to hurt my ego, love. You could look a little less shocked," he teased. "I didn't think it was such a stretch me being the heartthrob, but your shocked expression obviously disagrees. Maybe there's another lad you think is more suitable for the position?"

I blinked. "What?"

"Ah!" He clapped. "A reaction at last. We need to do something about your androphobia, love. It's incredibly entertaining, but you do look like a fish at times. Gaping at me like that."

Androphobia was the fear of men, right? "I don't have androphobia," I gasped. If anything the only male I was afraid of was the bloody bloke next to me.

He patted my head consolingly. "Sure you don't."

I decided to change the subject and let him think whatever he wanted. "What are you reading?"

"This, my darling spring blossom, is my way back into Remus' good graces." He showed me the cover of his book and I actually frowned. At the curious pet name and the book both.

"That's our Potions book."

"So it is," Sirius agreed. "I've decided to actually hand in my homework and show Moony that I can be reliable and punctual and all that." He shrugged as he closed the book and tossed it on the table.

"Why wouldn't you be reliable?" I asked, still staring at the book.

"Normally I just copy Moony's homework."

"Whatever for? You always know the answers when asked in class and I've heard your O.W.L.'s were insane."

Sirius smirked at that. "Usually Prongs and I are planning some prank or another so we end up copying the homework five minutes before class."