Chapter 5

Your POV

We arrived at our destination, but the Chinook helicopter must drop us in the mountains so that no one will notice our arrival.

We wear our night vision glasses, we needed this because its too dark outside. I strapped the rope on my waist and rappeled down to the ground. I adjusted my night vision glasses and looked at the surroundings.

"Guys are you all set?" I whispered to them, untying myself from the rope and held my sniper rifle.

"Yes Captain" they all whispered back.

"Come on let's proceed" I commanded, the Chinook helicopter flew back to our base.

"Its creepy out here" jerkins whispered

"Shut up Jerkins, man up" Parker whisper-yelled to him.

"Shush, shut up and just walk, you two are acting like a child" I scolded them still whispering.

"Why are we whispering anyway" Jerkins asked again

"Just being cautious jerkins, maybe there's some Isis around here somewhere" scott whispered to him.

We continued to walk down the mountain until we saw the town.

"I think we are gonna stay here for the night" I said as I put down my backpack full of ammo and my gears.

"Johnson and Parker check the whole perimeter" I said and the complied immediately.

"All clear captain there's no one in here" they said.

"I think we're good" I said.

"We are gonna take turns on our duty, some of us take their sleep and others will be the duty, then wake up the others when its their time" I instructed,

"Aye aye Captain" they said but not too loud.

"I'm gonna take the first duty" scott volunteered,

"Are you sure scott?" I asked him.

"Yes, now go get your sleep" he said. I nodded

I made my bag as my pillow and I lied on the ground, I hugged my rifle tightly, in times of war, your most important possession is your rifle, treat it with care and never ever let go of it no matter what, this is your partner in combat.

After two hours of sleep I woke up and relieved my brother from his duty, him and Johnson went to sleep, and now my duty partner is Jerkins,

Jerkins is a funny guy, him and Smith was the joker on our team, whenever we feel hopeless, they try to lift our spirits and saying positive things, he is the immature one in our team.

I noticed that he is staring at something, I sat beside him.

"Hey" I greeted, then I saw him keep the thing he was staring at earlier and wiped his eyes, so he's been crying.

"Hey there captain" he greeted back.

"What was that?" I asked him.

"What was what?" He asked playing dumb.

"Oh come on don't be shy Jerkins I saw you staring at that thing" I said.

"Oh you noticed" he said

"Uh huh, come on Jerkins show me that thing" I said.

"Okay Captain" he said then took out a picture, a picture of a beautiful little girl.

"Who's this Jerkins?" I asked him.

"That's my five year old daughter" he said, I stared at him shocked,

"You have a daughter and you didn't tell us?" I asked him.

"I'm too shy to tell to all of you" he said.

"Why?" I asked

"Its because I am too afraid that you're all gonna judge me." He said sadly.

"Steven Angelo Jerkins, we are not gonna judge you, we're brothers, we're family in here, and I know when the other lads know this they'll congratulate you" I said as I pat his back.

"They are?" He asked and I nod giving him a reassuring smile.

"Yes they are" I told him giving a smile.

"But my daughter's not with me though, the parents of my ex girlfriend didn't allowed me to go near the child, I can only watch her at the distance" he said sadly.

I gave him a comforting hand on the shoulder, "why is that?" I asked him.

"You know before I went here in the navy I am really a broke man, and I am drinking my ass off until I pass out when I knew that my girlfriend was pregnant with my child, and her parents doesn't look happy about it, you know I was 18 at that time and afraid of the responsibilities as a father, then when they didn't allowed me to see my child but they told me its a girl, then last week this was sent to me through mail, I was so happy that she grew into a beautiful girl" he said with tears in his eyes, this is Jerkins' vulnerable side.

I pat his back, "hey its gonna be okay, you will see your daughter and your gonna be with her" I told him.

"What if we are not gonna survive this mission? You know Isis is what we are talking about here, that's what I fear about, that i'm not be able to see my little girl" he said crying.

"I will not gonna let that happen jerkins, I will make sure that you're gonna see your daughter" I said and now I'm gonna protect Jerkins no matter what, because I want him to see his five years old daughter.

.......

It was already five in the morning and we need to get moving now.

"Guys wake up now, we need to get moving" I said

They hastily got up and put their stuffs on the bag.

"Y/N we need to eat breakfast" Scott said.

"Yeah but we will have our breakfast in the place where we can't be seen" I said.

When we found the best hiding spot there we ate our breakfast, but its not much since it was just a ready to eat military food that we packed.

After our breakfast we get to our positions and spy at the enemy, we identify all the leaders of the Isis and we checked their profiles and we just take records of what are they doing.

We are using the scope of our sniper rifle to watch them from afar, when we think that that's enough for today, we decided to get moving but as we are about to go we heard a people talking. We quickly hide on the bushes, a shepherd passed by with his sheep and with him was a child about 12 years old and a man probably 27 years old.

We tried our best to keep quiet, we didn't make any noise because looks like they are not going away anytime soon.

Then the man stepped on Parkers foot and there they were alarmed that we are there, the old man and the child stopped moving as we pointed the gun at them but the 27 year old man run but luckily Johnson tackled him to the ground.

We're screwed.