Chapter 50

Your POV

We were given some one month off from duty. I spent my quality time with Lauren and her family. When Lauren introduced me to her parents, I was so nervous as heck. I am not afraid of danger, I am not also afraid of bullets, I am not afraid of dying but I am afraid of Lauren's parents.

I am tensing so much that Lauren was laughing at me so much. I held Lauren's hand all the time. Lauren's mom was very welcoming and she's beautiful like Lauren. Its in their genes. Lauren's dad was so intimidating, he was looking at me, sizing me up, I gulped.

"So you're the mighty Y/N" Mr. Jauregui started to say he was staring at me sternly.

"M-my name is Y/N but I am not mighty sir" I told him, I stuttered but I composed myself at the end. I saw Lauren rolled her eyes.

"Papa, cut that act out, you're scaring my dear girlfriend here" Lauren told her dad.

"H-hey I'm not scared" I told her then Mr. Jauregui laughed. I looked at him confused while Mrs. Jauregui shook her head in disbelief.

"I'm just messing with you, I want to welcome you to the family" Mr. Jauregui formally said offering his hand for a handshake, I sighed in relief, I thought that he was serious.

"The pleasure is all mine sir, you as well" I told him.

"Oh no call me Mike" he said. He led us to the dining area where Mrs. Jauregui were preparing dinner, Lauren's siblings were also there.

I pulled a chair for Lauren, she thanked me by kissing me on the cheek then sat, I sat beside her. I guess the whole family saw the whole interaction between Lauren and I because when we looked at them they have an amused smile on their faces.

"Come on let's eat" Mike said.

"Wait! We are forgetting something" Taylor said.

"What is it?" Chris asked.

"We forgot to pray" she said and we all smiled.

"Tay lead the prayer" Lauren said and she gladly accepted it. After praying we started to eat our dinner. We are just talking about random stuff about each other. Mike asked about my military career and I told them everything. I feel at home now. They treat me as one of their family now and I can't help but to feel glad. They have welcomed me to the family with open arms.

"I am curious about how did you two meet?" Taylor asked in wonder and I smiled and looked at Lauren briefly then looked back at Taylor.

"Well Lauren and I met at a club when Lauren spilt her drink on my shirt and the first time that I saw her I was like wow! Who is this pretty lady in front of me but to bad they had to go and I didn't have the chance to know her name until we met again when uncle Simon introduced Fifth Harmony to us" I said and I look at Lauren and I chuckled when I saw that she was blushing.

"Aww, and you Lauren what did you thought at that time when you saw Y/N for the first time?" She asked us.

"Well I was mesmerized and I got a little pissed at Camila for arriving at the wrong time telling me that its time for us to go and after that meeting but we never see each other again and then three months had passed I've moved on and dated Brad and then we saw each other again when Simon introduced us with her bandmates and I was shocked and at the same time happy when I knew that they are gonna go on tour with us" Lauren said and it made me smile.

"Why does it took three months for you to meet again?" She asked.

"Well my team and I was deployed in Syria for a special mission but something went wrong and we were captured by the enemy and we were tortured to death then we got rescued, our condition was critical and one of us almost died but we recovered after three months and we thought that we needed a break and the head quarters allowed us to have our much needed break and we decided to form a band, uncle Simon signed us to his record label then we went on the tour with my bae here" I told her and she laughed. Mike and Clara and Chris was just listening to us. I told more stories to them.
........

Lauren and I was currently sitting at the front porch of her home. After we finished eating we decided to chill here. Lauren was leaning her head on my shoulders and I am just looking above the star. Then suddenly Lauren hummed the tune of the only exception and I smiled and looked down at her then looked back at the stars.

I sighed contentedly and Lauren stopped humming. And looked at me.

"What's wrong?" She asked me and I gave her a smile.

"Nothings wrong it just I remembered the time when we were in Syria, captured and being tortured, the stars above the sky shone brightly and we all thought that we will never be able to see the daylight again" I told her.

"Then why are you reminiscing those bad memories? " she asked me.

"Well its not totally a bad memory, just parts of it but one good thing happened to me, no scratch that, to all of us, that night when we are inside the cell I was saved by a voice" I told her then smiled at her.

"What? How is it possible?" She asked me in wonder.

"Well that voice in my head helped me to be calm and it keeps me sane during those dark days and I just shared it to the boys to keep them sane" I explained and Lauren's furrowed her eyebrows even more.

"Well it still doesn't make sense to me" she said.

"I was saved by your voice Lauren, your voice have kept me sane during those dark days. I heard your voice when I visited uncle Simon. You were playing the piano and singing the paramore song, I didn't know that it was you until you sang it again during the time when I got upset about Hailee" I explained to her.

"Oh? So that's why you said it was I all along?" She asked.

"Yes and I wanted to say thank you for saving me from insanity and thank you for coming into my life" I said with full sincerity while I was holding her hands and looking straight into her eyes, she smiled, tears are pooling in her eyes.

"Hey silly, I was the one who was supposed to be thanking you for coming into my life and for loving me" she said.

"And I have a surprise for you" I told her and I got something from my pocket, I pulled out a paper and I handed it to her, she looked at me confused.

"What is this Y/N?" She asked.

"Just open and read it" I told her and she opened it and read the content of the letter slowly. After reading the letter she looked at me, one tear fell down from her cheek.

"You quit? Why? I thought you love your job? But why did you quit?" She asked me, I wiped the tear from her cheek.

"Well, I love being in the Navy but I can't bear to be away from you again" I said and Lauren hugged me, I smiled. I never regret quitting the military service because in exchange, I can be with my Lolo always.

"I love you" she said

"I love you too" I said then she pressed her lips against mine. I am so happy with my life right now. Now that I have the woman whom I'm gonna spend my whole life with.

.THE END.

I Wanna say thank you to the people who read and support this story from the beginning to the very end.

Thank you for bearing with me and not leaving me even though I am giving you very slow updates, I appreciate it guys. 😊

Aww I'm going to miss writing this story but I may or I may not write story with military genre again.