Chapter 47

Lauren's POV

One year passed and I have not heard a single news from Y/N and the lads. It was a crucial year for me, I missed her so bad.

The media and the fans noticed their absence and started to question it. There's a times that the paparazzi mobbed us and bombarded me with nonsense questions.

They even made a rumor that maybe Y/N and the guys are using drugs that they are on a rehab center. Another rumor said that she cheated on me. 

They received hates from the social media, some fans defend them and some bashed them.

Simon snapped when the rumor popped up that they are drug addicts. The girls and I defend them and other hollywood artists who knew them.

My family is always here by my side, comforting me, right now we are on a long break because the reflection tour has just ended.

Right now my family and I is watching the news. The news was all about the rising tension in Iraq. We are so focused on the screen. All we can see was the dead bodies of both soldiers and civilians, then suddenly I caught a glimpse of Nick, Justin, Drew with a guy who I knew as Jerkins sitting on the corner, they have minor injuries but alive.

It gave me hope, I saw Scott also. Then I saw her, the camera was focused on her but we can't hear what she was saying she was talking to another soldier there, there's a bandage wrapped around her head. But it was just a brief moment.

I can't help but cry when I saw their situation out there, my parents and siblings comforted me, telling me that she's gonna be okay there.

Your POV

After that attack came another attack. War has no end we barely have some rest.

Men dies every single second. We are currently defending our new patrol base, shooting at the enemies.

"When will this fucking war end?" I heard parker asked as he reloads his gun and I am covering for him.

I hid behind the sand bags and reload my gun.

"Well I don't know but I am still hoping that this war ends right now" I said and cocked my gun and went back to shooting.

"Man down, I repeat man down!" I heard yelling from a distance.

"Well that will be a miracle if it end this instance" Jerkins said.

The shoot out lasted for 6 hours. The enemy fall back. But so many wounded and dead again. The chopper arrive to get the wounded soldiers and the dead soldiers and another batch of reinforcements arrived.

We didn't rest, we made a battle plan for the next attack of the enemies. Miller and I get along well now, sometimes we argue but that's normal.

"We need to find another base" I told them.

"Agreed, now that the enemies already knew our location but I suggest that it is wise if we knew where our enemy's base are, maybe we can conduct a raid at their base" Scott suggested.

"That's a good plan but right now let's find another patrol base" I told them and we prepare to leave the area.

We formed a squad column, I am at the center, someone counted us as we pass and he passed the message that it was a good count.

We are marching even in the middle of the night, without light. We are just relying on the moon to guide our way. We are holding on each others backpack so that we will not get lost and be separated.

"Halt!" I commanded and we scattered around the place.

"Do you hear that?" I whispered and they nodded. We heard heavy footsteps and a distant chattering.

"Pass the word prepare for camouflaging" I whispered and they passed the word by tapping the person beside them and whispered my command.

We blend into the environment. We are on our belly, there's only silence. Then we saw a group of men with AK47 in hand. They are   searching for us also. We didn't move a muscle.

They just passed by, we waited for one hour before moving again. I kneeled and signaled assemble with my hand.

We reassemble and walked fast away from the place. Around 0400H we decided to form a circle and ordered Scott, Johnson, Parker, Clarke and Jerkins to inspect the perimeter if this place is suitable to make a patrol base.

After 30 minutes they come back and reported that the area is all clear. We made a concealment to hide the base. After we manage to conceal everything I assigned a guard sentinel all over the place.

I gathered all Platoon leaders and all squad and fire team leaders. Together we studied the terrains of the place and the possible hide out of the terrorist.

It's been 1 year and 8 months since we have done this mission. Scott, Parker, Clarke, Jerkins and Johnson's beard has already grown. I missed home so much.

We have found one of the base of the enemy, they are about 80 plus persons with some hostages. Miller planned to do an ambush. He count us in, Scott, Parker, Jerkins and I. I asked Johnson and Clarke to stay and take charge.

We went to the place quietly, hiding in the shadows. We surrounded the area. But I feel uncertain about this, something's wrong.

We positioned ourselves, we use a concealment on our camouflage. We are about to assault when someone attacked us from behind. It was a freaking trap. We're trapped.