Chapter 48

Your POV

We're trapped, we fell into the trap of the enemy. We need to think an escape plan fast.

We are trying our best to defend ourselves. I will not let those nasty terrorist overpower us.

"Man down, man down!" Someone yelled.

"I'm sorry I didn't know that this  is gonna happen" Miller said.

"This is not the right time to apologize Miller but its not your fault, we cannot predict what's gonna happen, right now we have to think a plan B" I told him as I shoot at the enemy.

Gosh they kept coming, it looks like they are not running out of men.

"We need to retreat" I told them.

"Fallback!" Miller yelled and we retreated. We ran away, good thing we studied the terrain of the area, we knew where are we going, but the enemies are still tailing behind us. I won't let these nasty terrorist get us, not this time, not again.

The shoot out continues and the sun is now coming up, making us get a better view of the terrorist who are attacking us.

"Spencer!" I called out to the radio man.

"Yes Captain?" He asked.

"Call for reinforcements" I told him.

"Aye Captain he said an hid behind a tree. He called our base, giving them our location and current situation.

I heard explosion nearby then followed by an ear piercing scream of pain.

"Man down!"

"Medics! We need medics"

Minutes later the reinforcements has arrived lead by Clarke and Johnson. We fought with all of our best but we getting outnumbered by the second while the enemy's kept coming and coming.

"Fuck! Where did they all come from?" I heard Jerkins asked.

"I don't know, but I don't want to let them take over us" I told him.

"Yeah agreed, I will fight with all of my might" Parker said.

"Y/LN! We are running out of ammo!" Miller yelled.

"I know! But we must fight!" I yelled back.

"Ahh!" I heard someone screamed I turned my head in that direction and I saw Scott fell down to the ground.

"Scott!" I called out to him. I shot the guy who shoot him and shoot at the once who are shooting at me.

I crawled to where Scott lay. He was breathing hard, he was hit on the right chest, blood came out of his mouth.

"Scott, Scott stay with me, don't you dare die" I said as I put a handkerchief on his wound and put some pressure. He stared at me, he tried to speak.

"Y-Y/N, I-I'm s-so p-proud o-o-of y-you" he said as he cupped my cheek.

"Jerkins! Johnson! Cover us!" I called them and they nodded and protected us.

"Don't speak, you will be okay, you will live, please fight for me, Scott you're the only family I have, I can't bear to lose you, not you too! We already lost our parents! Hey, hey stay awake" I said as I slapped his cheek.

"I w-want t-to r-r-rest" he said.

"Oh no Scotty I won't let you die" I told him. "Not right here, its not your time yet, you will have your family first and you will tell your story to your grand children on how you defeat the enemy" I told him, tears are running down my face. His eyes closed.