Chapter 49

Lauren's POV

We are on another tour to promote our new album 7/27. Well I'm happy that we're back on the road. The songs on our new album is so dope. We helped wrote some of them and I am happy that it received positive feedbacks from the public and our avid fans.

We also won two VMA's for our two songs from the album. The All in my head (flex) ft. Fetty wap for the song for the summer and the work from home ft. Ty dollar sign for best collab video, we are so thankful for our fans for being supportive.

They supported me when I've been through depression and emotional turmoil due to Y/N leaving me. I missed her so bad that I might go insane without seeing her. I have not heard of her ever since. We are trying to ask Simon for updates but he can't give us any information about them.

We are praying for them always. Everytime that I am thinking of giving up on our relationship, I am going back to the memories we have shared together before she went to iraq.

Sometimes I listen to their songs or the song she wrote for me. I sometimes wear the sweatshirt she left. It still smells like her and the perfume she is using. Sometimes I cry myself to sleep.

But right now I am thinking to let her go completely. Its useless to wait for her, its been 1 year and 8 months now. Maybe we are not meant to be and the fact that sooner or later, I will receive a message about her death, I can't bear it so starting right now, I will not think of her until I forget about her.

I am getting ready for our show tonight, I am getting my make up done, my bandmates are just chilling on the couch, Camila is playing her guitar together with Jojo, Dinah, Ally and Normani are jamming with them.

Then I received a message notification. When I saw the notification I became nervous all of a sudden, I don't know why. My heart was beating fast. Maybe this is the news that I am dreading to hear. I took a few deep breaths before opening the notification.

When I opened it I gasped.

That one adorable soldier:

I'll be home in no time.

I dropped my phone.

Your POV

We arrived at the air base of our headquarters. There's so many people there, when we got out of the plane, I saw the family of the fallen heroes weep on their dead relative, I saw an emotional reunion also of the one who survived, the tears of joy of their family. We saw Jerkins reunited to his daughter and wife, Jerkins gave them a tight hug. Johnson was reunited with his sister and parents. Parker was hugging his little sister who was crying. Clarke was also hugged by his family.

Scott wrapped his arms around my shoulders and looked down at me.

"I really hope mom and dad was here" I said.

"Its okay sis, you have me and uncle simon which we forgot to to tell about our home coming today" he said and I laughed.

We walked together and we went home, we called uncle simon and he almost had a heart attack when we called him.

We visited him on his office and we received a massive bear hug from him. He told us how worried he got because we haven't contacted him for almost two years. He told us how much we've grown.

He fill us up on the happenings here when we were gone, the paparazzi asking our whereabouts and making rumors about us fell into drugs because we are not famous. I laughed at this and there's a rumor that I cheated on Lauren with a hot victoria secret model that the harmonizers hated me.

He told us that the girls are on the road, promoting their new album. I listened to the new songs and I loved it. I saw the pictures of Lauren and gosh is it me or Lauren became more beautiful than ever. Uncle simon told me what Lauren has been through during my absence.

I am really gone for a long time and I think its time to see the love of my life. I asked for the schedule of their next show. Uncle Simon gave me the tickets for the show and meet and greet. I am going to meet them there.

Scott and I went home, I packed my bags, I am going to see my green eyed beauty. Scott asked if he can go with me and I said sure.

We slept early after packing because we took the first flight. That night I dreamt about Lauren, that she was right beside me, caressing my cheek, doing the things we used to do. I woke up and rolled to my right side only to find that she's not beside me.

Scott and I woke up early for our flight. I changed into black skinny jeans, black vans shoes black shirt and grey hoodie with a blue cap on my head. I don't want to spoil my surprise. If the fans see me they post my picture on social media.

Before the plane take off, I sent a message to her. Well she will think that I am still in Iraq.

While I am on the plane, I am reminiscing the last moments we had together, I missed her, I planned to add some more memories, I knew that she's the one for me. She's my forever and I am willing to spend the rest of my life with her.

"I will film her reaction Y/N" Scott suggested.

"That's a brilliant idea, too bad the rest of the lads are not here to see their reaction" I said.

"Well what's the purpose of the video that I will record?" Scott asked and I just rolled my eyes. I slept at the rest of the flight.

When we arrived at the airport, I put on my cap and pulled my hoodie over my head. Scott did the same and we walked together. I am nervous and at the same time. What if she has another boyfriend right now? I put that thought aside, think positive.

We hailed a cab, uncle simon booked a hotel for us. We went there first. We rest a bit, ate our lunch and I took a shower and changed into grey skinny jeans, blue hoodie with a black t-shirt underneath, a sunglasses and my blue cap.

I am not wearing a sling anymore since I can now move my shoulders and the wound was already healed.

We hailed a cab, we told the driver to bring us to the venue of the fifth harmony concert. We arrived there and the line on the meet and greet are already long. Scott and I waited for about an hour, I am smiling because I will get to see her again after almost two years apart from each other.

When it was our turn, scott readied the camera, Big rob was so surprised to see us, we just smiled at him and he smiled.

When we entered the curtain there I finally saw her, I smiled from ear to ear. They arr talking to each other.

I stared at scott and he mouthed that tbe camera is rolling.

"Ahem" I said making them look at me. I smiled and took off my cap. It fell together with the hoodie.

The girls eyes was wide. Lauren ran towards me and hugged me tears running down her face. I squeezed her tightly. Letting her know how much I missed her. I turned us both around and she pulled away from the hug and pulled me in a passionate kiss which I reciprocated.

We pulled away when air became an issue. I put my forehead against hers, I wiped her tears away.

"I missed you, I thought you will not come back to me alive" she said while crying.

"Shh, don't cry love, I promised that I'll come back to you alive and here I am" I said and the whole crew who saw that moment clapped. The four girls looked at us with an amused smile. Scott was recording all.

I gave them a hug each. I earned a punch from Dinah saying that I deserved that because they said that they got so worried about us. Scott earned a punch from Dinah too, he just chuckled. I am so glad to be back and I am so happy that Lauren didn't replace me, she waited for me.