Chapter 22: Admitting my Feelings

-Mallie's POV-

"Mallie hurry up!" Ryan yelled up the stairs, with annoyance. "I have to be there in ten minutes!"

"I'm coming!" I yelled, running down the stairs as fast as I could. I jumped the last step and almost fell.

"Geez why do you have to be so slow?!" Ryan asked in a really annoyed tone.

"I thought we had ten minutes to get there?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

He laughed. " I lied, the game doesn't start till another hour we just have to be there early."

"Ryan you're such a terd!" I said.

He opened the door to the apartment, locking the door. Then we got into the elevator, going down to the lobby. Crap, Jeremy was there and I had to get the mail. Walking up to the front desk, I smiled flirtatiously.

"Hey," he said, "you want your mail?" He asked with a grin.

"Yep," I said popping the 'p'.

He went back to grab the mail for me and handed it to me, purposely brushing his hand against mine when he handed it to me. I looked at his hand on mine, it didn't really look right to me. I looked into his eyes.

"So," he said, "I heard the news." he was grinning ear to ear.

No way in the world I was going on a date with him. There was just no way.

"What news?" I asked stupidly, shying away from his gaze.

He scoffed. "Don't be like that, I've been trying to go out on a date with you forever!"

I smiled showing my dimples. "I can't, I'm going on a date right now."

He seemed taken aback. "A date with who?" he raised an eyebrow.

"I don't think that's any of your business Jeremy." I replied pulling my hand away from his slowly. It just didn't feel right, his hand holding mine. "Bye," I whispered with a smile.

I handed Jared the mail. "Here,"

He eyed me suspiciously. "What'd he want?"

"Nothing," I replied making my way to the parking garage door.

Ryan followed me no longer saying anything about Jeremy. Personally, Jeremy was kind of cute, but his personality just wasn't my type. He was one of those arrogant, nosy, I'm all that, kind of person. Ok I'm gonna admit, sometimes it was kinda cute, but then, after a while it gets real old real fast. You know what I mean? I mean like he's nice and all, but I don't know, I've just never felt that connection with him when I talk to him. With Jared it's different... the first time we met, which was in my doorway, there was instantly that spark. I felt it, but I didn't want to admit it myself. I just couldn't except the fact that I've never had that connection with Nathan. He's tried to pretend like it's there, but it never was. A couple of times he tried to force it, but it didn't end well for either of us. I guess it's safe to say that Nathan and I don't belong together... and we never will.

***

"Let's go," Ryan sighed getting out of the car.

I got out of the car and walked alongside Ryan to the football field. There were already guys on the field warming up without their gear on yet. My hair blew around in the wind, then suddenly I saw Jared on the field. He smiled at me and I smiled back, blushing.

"Hey, guys I'll be back!" he called out to them.

"More like never!" one of them yelled at him.

"Shut up!" he shouted waking towards me with a smile.