Chapter 35: I Know

A/N: Sorry for the language, but I thought it'd set the mood a little better.

-Mallie's POV-

Jared," I whispered and his face materialized out of the darkness.

His hand touched my cheek and the warmth instantly spread through my body.

"I wish we could be together," he whispered, shifting closer to me.
I placed my hand around his wrist. "Me too," I whispered back, feeling tears threatening to spill over.

That's when he closed the gap between us, molding our lips together. There was a burning desire in me that just wanted to stay this way forever... with my lips pressed against his, but I knew that wasn't going to happen. Not with a certain person standing in our way.
And sure enough, just when I thought of him, he appeared out of the thin air as Jared and I broke away from each other.
I didn't want to imagine what he was going to do to Jared, so I laced his fingers with mine, holding onto him tightly, but he just pushed me backwards behind him.

"Get away from her!" Nathan hissed, clenching his fists to where the skin around his knuckles began to turn a pale, ghost white.
"You may have been able to keep us apart for this long, but not anymore." Jared said.

Before I could stop what was getting ready to happen Nathan lunged at Jared and he pushed me backwards out of the way, taking a hard blow from Nathan. They began to fight each other, punching and blocking, blow after blow after blow, there wasn't anything I could do, but watch in horror.
Just as Jared was beginning to triumph, there was a glint of light in my eye and I saw the knife in Nathan's hand.

"Jared!" I screamed. "NO!"

I woke with the same words in my mouth, the same shrieking scream.

"I'm here! I'm here!" Jared yelled, cradling my face in his hands.
I gasped at the sight of him and buried my face into his- for some reason shirtless- chest. "I saw you die," I cried.

Before either of us could even get another word out Ryan burst through my door, his hair sticking up in all directions and shirtless, just like Jared.
Right now was when I actually realized what the two of us looked like right now.

Jared shirtless... in my bed.

"Oh s***!" Jared whispered.
"YOU!" Ryan snarled, grabbing Jared and yanking him out of my bed. "You son of a b****!" he slammed Jared up against the wall and he groaned. "We had a deal! You promised me you wouldn't do it with my sister and look at where I find you!" he continued to yell as I jumped out of the bed.
"Ryan stop!" I shouted, but he continued yelling.

I don't understand. Why wasn't Jared fighting back? He was just letting Ryan yell at him.

"Come on man, it's not what it-!" Jared began but Ryan cut him off abruptly.
Ryan shook his head furiously at Jared. "NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE?!" he roared. "YOU WERE F****** IN THE BED WITH HER!"

Ok, you guys may not know Ryan that well, but I do. Yeah, he cusses, but in all my life I've never heard him use that word.
That's it I wasn't just going to stand here and do nothing.

"Ryan you idiot!" I yelled. I can't believe I was actually saying this. "Jared didn't have sex with me, ok?!"

Ryan and Jared both turned their head in my direction and god I felt so pathetic and embarrassed. Jared was giving me the 'Did you seriously just say that?' look and Ryan wouldn't stop looking at me like I was lying.

"Don't." Ryan clenched his teeth. "Lie to me, Mallie."
I groaned. "Ryan you a******!" I yelled, knowing the affects of what I was about to say next might be. "I'm a virgin! Ok?! Does that make you happy?!"