Chapter 25: The Game

-Mallie's POV-

Ok, so Jared's game was today and Ryan's, but we were going to meet Aunt-Hailey and Uncle-Steven there. Jared told me we were going to be doing something fun first, then we were going to leave for his game. But what on earth could fun mean to him? His idea of fun and my idea of fun were two completely different things but he usually always seemed to be telling the truth when he said we were going to be doing something fun. So, this time I was taking his word for it. I left my hair down, fixing myself up. Since it was a little chilly outside I put my jeans on with a nice little cute top. Then my phone beeped.

Jared: I'm on my way up

Me: Ok

I grabbed my over the shoulder bag, then sprayed on some perfume just as there was a knock on the door.

I heard the door open then Aunt-Hailey yelled up the stairs. "Mallie, Jared's here!"

"I'm coming!" I yelled back making sure I had everything.

There was the sound of a door closing, then silent chatter coming from downstairs and I'm guessing it was Aunt-Hailey talking to Jared. Oh, lord please no. I walked out of my room and walked down the stairs where Jared was talking to Aunt-Hailey. His head wondered in my direction and he smiled.

"Well, we'll see you guys there." Aunt-Hailey smiled, hugging me.

"Ok," I said back then Jared opened the door, bid his goodbyes and we left, closing the door.

I smiled at him. "Do I get to see where we're going this time?" I asked.

"Nope," he grinned, "another surprise."

I smiled at him and he intertwined our hands together, then we made our way to the elevator. I couldn't help but feel the warmth of his hand on mine. The softness of it, everything about him was just absolutely... amazing. His personality fit him so well and that was the thing I loved about him. He was so outgoing, sometimes he was a little cocky, but he knew where to draw the line and not only was he really hot, but he also had a sweet side. There was a tug on my arm then I snapped out of my little trance and he pulled me along towards the parking garage. Thankfully Jeremy was no where in sight so I didn't have to deal with him today. We walked to his car, he got in on the driver's side, while I got in on the passenger side.

The whole way there he had the radio on and I was smiling. Then the song "Say Something," by a Great Big World came on and I started to sing to it, feeling proud of myself for hitting the high notes.

"Wow," he said with a smile as I looked over at him, "so, you play volleyball, you get straight As, you're beautiful," I blushed when he said that and he let out a chuckle, shaking his head, "and you can sing. Anything else I don't know about you?" he asked.

I smiled flirtatiously. "Well, I guess you'll just have to wait and find out."

He chuckled. "Well, we're about to find out something in a minute." a wide grin spread across his face as he pulled up to a building with the word "gym" spread across the front.

"We're going to a gym?" I asked pressing my lips together in a smile, thinking of the gyms with the weight lifts and treadmills.

He looked at me with a crooked smile. "Its not just any gym."

"What do you mean?" I wondered raising an eyebrow.

"You'll see," he replied, opening the car door.

I pressed my lips together, containing a smile, then opened the car door and got out. Jared held the door open for me and I walked in, my jaw almost popped off.