Epilogue

Edited

June, five years later...

It's hard to believe how much time has passed by since the death of my Uncle and as hard as it was to get through that, I made it. I made it even though I thought I was never going to. Even though I thought the world had ended... I made it. And my Uncle was right, I had my whole life ahead me to think about.

The years that have gone by haven't been without pain, or fear, or regret, but I do know one thing for certain. If I had to go through all of it again I would. Because you see it's those moments of pain and anger and fear that shape us into the person we're meant to be. It's those moments that lead us down the path we're destined to be on. And if this is where I'm destined to be well... I'm okay with it.

Things have definitely changed in the last couple of years.

Ryan successfully got accepted into the University of Syracuse on a football scholarship and boy has he made the best of it. In fact, the NFL's been keeping their eyes on him and now that he's a Senior in college they'll definitely be looking into him.

Wouldn't that be amazing. Ryan Webb, starting quarterback. I could see it.

But not only that, Ryan successfully married the girl of his dreams, Heather, just a few months ago. I couldn't be more proud to see the wonderful man he's become. And Heather is the absolute best. Heather and I are closer than ever, practically like sisters. We go everywhere together and I think I can successfully say that her and I are the closest of friends.

Aunt-Hailey was never quite the same after Uncle-Steven's death. It definitely felt like a part of her had gone with him when he died, but despite that she made it as well. I try to visit her as often as I can, but being four hours away doesn't really help that matter.

Yeah, four hours away, isn't that a long story.

Well, you see Ryan wasn't the only one who got into Syracuse on a football scholarship. Jared did as well and they've been best friends throughout college.

Senior year of High School was probably one of the toughest ones for me. Jared was hours away at Syracuse and with his rise to fame, he brought me along on the ride. That was a ruff year for us and we went through a time where I thought the two of us weren't going to make it. In fact we separated for a few months, but despite that we found our way back to each other and have been together ever since. Not without problems of course, but we're okay.

After the both of them got into Syracuse I applied for every scholarship available there, hoping and praying that I could get in as well and be with Jared. There was obviously no doubt about it. I wasn't going to survive being away from him anymore. Luckily, I made it in on an academic scholarship they gave me and the only thing I had to pay for were my school books.

So here we are, Jared and I together at Syracuse. The first year it was pretty tuff. I was a Freshmen and he was a Sophomore, but despite that he was still one of the most popular guys in the entire school. It took me a while to get adjusted because of all the girls who just automatically hated me for being with him and all the guys who tried to steal me from him as well.

Let me just say I could not be happier that I met Jared, because trying to find a quality guy in a college like that is like trying to find water in the Sahara Desert.

Impossible.

But despite how annoying all those things were Jared and I are stronger than ever and on our way to graduating from College. Jared's in his Senior year just like Ryan and I'm in my Junior year, which brings me to today.

We're currently on spring break and in honor of it Jared wanted to take me to Stone Harbor in New Jersey. I thought it was a bit much for spring break, but he convinced me that we hadn't gone anywhere, just the two of us, in a while, so he wanted to take me somewhere special. Of course, we went home and visited our families for the weeked, before heading out.