Chapter 23: A Date Gone Wrong

-Mallie's POV-

"Jared, where are we going?" I laughed, with a huge smile.

He pulled into the parking lot of the movie theater and I smiled. I wonder what movie we're going to watch.

He grinned. "Movie Theater,"

"What are we watching?" I asked and he looked at me with that same grin.

He replied. "Well, Anna told me that there's this romance movie that you've been 'dying', to see."

I looked at him sympathetically. "You'd really sit through a whole romance movie with me?" I asked as he sighed.

"For you," he smiled and leaned closer to me, "I'd do anything."

I smiled and without any hesitation or rememberance of out last conversation I almost said what we had been talking about, "I l--," I caught myself before I could finsih the sentence.

He laughed, pointing at me. "You almost said it!" he smiled.

I hit him playfully on the shoulder. "No I didn't!" I laughed.

"Yes you did!" he smiled, his smile.

"No--!" but before I could even say another word his lips came crashing into mine.

His hand found its way to my cheek and, of course my hands ended up on his chest. It was like every time one of us tried to pull away, the other would just pull them closer. I tried to pull away, pushing softly on his chest, but then I felt his left hand snake all the way around my waist and rest on the other side, pulling me tighter to him. He knew what my reaction would be... and he was right. I smiled against his lips, not wanting to pull away, but I did anyway. Slowly, our lips parted, and I was already beginning to miss the warmth of his lips on mine. I had opened my eyes, but his were still closed, with a huge smile plastered on his face.

That smile still hadn't left. "Geez, Mallie, where'd you learn how to kiss?!" he asked flirtatiously, opening his eyes.

I laughed and he smiled, opening the car door. I opened my door and got out, then went over next to him and he draped his arm around me. It actually felt pretty good outside on this fall day. I was wearing jeans and a cute colored top that I'd bought with Anna. Jared was wearing a pair of really tan cargo shorts and a hoodie like always. That was like his signature style. We walked into the movie theater and Jared bought the tickets, then he bought popcorn, even though I really didn't want any. When we walked into the theater it was completely empty, so we got seats all the way at the top of the theater. Before we knew it we were throwing popcorn at each other, laughing, the whole time during the previews.

The movie was about to come on. "Shhhhhhhhhhh," I laughed nudging him so he'd be quiet.

Another piece of popcorn hit me in the face and I looked over at Jared. "Jared!" I giggled.

Even in the darkness of the movie theater I could see him smiling. "Sorry," he whispered.

For the rest of the movie he sat next to me, quiet, me staring at the screen, waiting to see what was going to happen next. I had my arm on the arm rest with my hand half open, when suddenly I felt Jared's fingers lace with mine. I looked over at him, smiled and leaned my head on his shoulder.

When the movie was over I was so happy and sad at the same time. In the end they finally realized that they loved each other, but the sad part was they couldn't be together. There were tears glistening in my eyes, but I wiped them away before Jared could see them. He'd probably just laugh at me if he sa--

My thoughts were cut off when I saw the look on Jared's face. He actually looked...sad. He was actually paying attention to the movie?

"Jared are you--?" I cut off when he turned to face me with a smirk. "You're an a******!" I laughed smacking him on the shoulder.