Chapter 30: Admitting My Feelings... Again

-Jared's POV-

I pulled my house keys out of my pocket and grabbed the door handle of the front door, but the door was already opened. Slowly, I stuck the keys back in my pocket and opened the door.

"Mom!" I called.
"Yo man it's me!" Aaron called from the living room as I walked in there.
I gave him a questioning look. "What the h*** are you doing here?" I asked him as I slouched down on the couch next to him.
He stuffed his face with popcorn. "Your mom let me in and told me you were out. Where'd you go anyway?" he wondered. "You like took off after school."
I sighed. "I needed some fresh air,"
He smirked at me. "Or you mean you needed some Mallie." he cocked his head to the side then turned to look at me. "You followed her when she left with Nathan didn't you?"
"Man," I sighed running my hand through my thick brownish/blondish hair, "you don't know what it's like to wake up at the foot of your girlfriend's bed and her not remember a thing about you."
"You're right I don't," he laughed, "cause I don't have a girlfriend."
I sat upright and looked at him seriously. "Look, man," I started, "if you want to talk serious then put the popcorn down."
He put his hands up in surrender. "Alright," he started to set it down on the table, "I'm putting it down. Serious mode." he sighed. "Look man, I'm no expert, but... if you really love her then you can't just let her go." he explained as I looked at him. "You do love her don't you?"
I sighed. "Yeah, I do,"
"Well you can't just let her go! You've gotta fight for her!" he shouted, standing up. "Deep down inside she's still the same Mallie you knew, she just doesn't know that yet!"
I chuckled. "She is man, she's still got the same blush, the same smile, the same personality... the same lips."
Aaron snapped me out of my little trance. "Yo man, don't just sit there! Go get her back!"

And that's exactly what I'm going to do.

-Mallie's POV-

I laid in bed when suddenly Jared's face came into view. He was upside down... or maybe I was. His lips brushed against mine and I took in a very sharp breath. In an effort to feel his lips against mine I pushed my body up, but he wasn't there. His lips grazed my neck and I let out another shaky breath. Then he left a soft trail of kisses on my neck and I let out a soft moan. I felt his lips curl into a smile and I whispered his name.

"Jared," I whispered.

His lips brushed against my neck again and when I said his name I could feel the corner of his lips tug up.

"I know what you want, Mallie," he whispered back as his lips were three inches from mine.
I raised my hand to touch his cheek and my hand instantly felt warmth. "Then give it to me," I said, low enough that only he could hear.

Our noses were touching, then he he closed the gap and pressed our lips together. It was bliss and it felt right. Like the one thing that was missing in my life was finally there.

I bolted upright, breathing heavily and grabbing either side of my head. Slowly, I raised my fingers to graze over my lips and for some reason I smiled. I took a quick glance at my clock:

7:30 a.m

Really? Might as well get up.

***

I walked down the sidewalk carrying a bouquet of lilies. Lilies were always my mothers favorites. She even had them at her wedding for the flower bouquet. I smiled at that memory when she had told me all about her wedding when I was ten years old. God, I miss her so much. Just as I rounded the corner I saw the graveyard. I sighed, slowly making my way to the resting spot of my parents. When I came upon their graves I sat down right in front of them and read the engraving on their headstones.

One read:

1970-2012
Karen Elizabeth Webb
Devoted Mother
Loving Wife

The other read: