Chapter 37: Free

A/N First of all guys I just want to apologize for not updating in like two months. I know a lot of you have been waiting eagerly for this next chapter , but I've been having major writer's block. So, again I'm really sorry for the long wait and I hope you guys like it. Also please make sure to read the author's note at the end of the chapter.
I've also started a new book in case you guys want to check it out. It's called Time Will Tell and it really would mean a lot if you guys could check it out.

"Jared stop it!" I laughed as he squeezed my sides making me go into the most uncomfortable position trying to stuff my books in my locker.

Since that day, I decided I wouldn't tell anyone about what Nathan did to me. I mean yes, what he did was absolutely cruel, but if I had told everyone what he'd done that'd make me no different than him. A heartless person who only cared about himself.
So, the rumor that was going around was actually partly true. I was finally remembering Jared and falling for him all over again. So, pretty much everyone thinks I broke up with Nathan because I realized that Jared was the one. No one knows the real truth and frankly I think Anna knows the rumor isn't true. And as much as I hate lying to her I don't want to be like Nathan, so I'm going to have to keep it up. I mean she's my best friend and she deserves to know the truth, but I don't know if I'm ready yet.
So, here I am trying to stuff the books I don't need into my locker so Jared and I can leave school, but he keeps tickling me.

"Stop it!" I laughed, making a loud 'slam' as my body hit the lockers from my sudden jump when he squeezed at my waist.

There were a couple people that turned their gaze upon me as Jared snorted at me and began laughing. My cheeks were flaming red. Just as his hand was beginning to touch my waist again I slapped it away.

"People are watching," I whispered.
He smirked at me and put his lips up to my ear. "I don't care," he whispered, in that extremely hot voice that caused me to swoon as he snaked his arms around my waist from behind.
"Reynolds!" Mr. Amato yelled as Jared and I both turned our heads toward him.
"Yes, sir?" he asked, still keeping his arms around me.
He narrowed his eyes at Jared's arms around me. "Hands off," he said.
Jared seemed amused as he let go of my waist, putting his hands up in surrender. "Like this?" he asked as people began looking at him and I banged my head against the locker, silently giggling.
"In your pockets." he nodded his head at Jared as Jared's eyes went from his hands, that were sliding into his pockets back to Mr. Amato.
Jared had a crooked grin on his face. "This good?" he asked sticking his pockets all the way into his dark jeans.

Mr. Amato shot him a glare and when he was gone I began laughing hysterically.

"You're such an idiot!" I giggled.
Jared chuckled. "Come on let's go,"

He grabbed my hand, lacing his fingers with mine and pulled me along outside of school where all the couples were standing next to their cars and chatting with other couples.

"Hey, Mallie," Jared said as I turned to look at him, leaning against his car.
"Yeah?" I smiled.
He smiled back at me, snaking his arms around both sides of my waist and interlocking his hands at my back. "I need to ask you something," he whispered.
"What is it?" I asked him, the smile leaving my face.
He shot me that gorgeously breath-taking smile. "Will you go to the Winter Formal with me?"

Holy.

Crap.

He just asked me. He just asked me to go. He just asked me to go to the Winter Formal with him.

A smile spread across my face. "Yes! Of course I'll go with you." I laughed wrapping my arms around his neck and standing on my tiptoes.

"God, I love you," he whispered in my ear as I giggled, pulling away.
I smiled. "I love you too," I whispered as he leaned forward and pressed our lips together.