Chapter 38: No Room For Doubt

[Amazing banner by @nessa129!]

"Where are we going?" I asked.
He shot me a cute grin. "I told you it's a surprise!"
"I hate surprises!" I cried, my cheeks turning red, knowing that I was lying.
He shook his head. "No, you don't,"
"Yes I do!" I laughed.
"You always blush when you're lying and plus you've told me five million times that you love surprises." he said taking a quick glance at me with his victory face.

I slumped back in my seat crossing my arms over chest like a toddler as he burst out laughing.

"Relax, we're almost there." he said turning down a gravel road with lines of trees.

I sat up, getting the feeling that something about this place was strangely familiar to me even if I couldn't quite think of it.

"Jared," I whispered looking out the window and then back at him, "I think I've been here before."
He smiled. "That's because you have, before the accident, we used to come here all the time. We'd sit on the hood of my car, you in my lap... and we'd just talk. About everything that's ever happened to us. I told you everything about my sister that Ryan dated and you told me all about your parents."
I turned to look at him, eyes wide. "My parents?" I whispered as he parked the car and nodded. "I never talk about my parents... not even with Anna."
He smiled again. "Well I guess that sort of explains how our relationship was... before your accident." he whispered the last part.

I turned to look at him, putting my hand on his cheek and turning him to face me.

"No," I whispered taking his hand and lacing our fingers together, "that's still us. We're just stronger now."

He looked into my eyes as I pressed my lips against his, starting out slow until the both of us turned it into the most passionate kiss we'd ever shared together. I put everything I had into that kiss because I didn't want to leave any room for doubt. I wanted him to know that I love him and no one's ever going to change my feelings for him. No one.

A/N: I know it's short guys, but I just needed to write this chapter to establish how Mallie feels about Jared. I will be updating again soon don't worry. Some of the upcoming chapters won't be as long due to the events that are going to unfold. So my previous statement as to how many chapters are left has changed since some of the lengths of these chapters are going to be pretty short.
But anyway THANKS SO MUCH FOR 6K AND THE COMMENTS! PLEASE KEEP COMMENTING BECAUSE I ABSOLUTELY LOVE READING YOUR COMMENTS!
Sorry for the caps I just had to establish that. :p You guys have no idea how much it means to me when you guys vote and comment. It makes my day. I'm not kidding. So, please continue doing so.

❤ ~Katy