Chapter 43: The Decision

"YOU CAN'T PULL THE PLUG ON HIM!" I screamed.

Aunt-Hailey, Ryan, and I were currently in Uncle-Steven's room, where Aunt-Hailey was trying to make us understand her decision.

Ryan had been staring at the ground the whole time when Aunt-Hailey had given us the news. But me? No, I'd completely lost it after everything I'd learned in the past few days. I honestly didn't care about being the sweet girl that I'd always been. Something inside of me had finally exploded leaving me in shattered, broken pieces to the point where I honestly don't care anymore. Before, it was like I was afraid to get angry, but now, now, it doesn't matter. What does it matter what kind of person you are if your worlds already come crashing down? No one cares. All they do is look at you and start whispering behind your back about things that you could honestly care less about at the moment. It's like everything that mattered to you before, what kind of clothes you wore, how you fixed your hair, it's like all of that is a distant fantasy. And that this... this is reality.

This is my reality:

My mom... dead.

My dad... dead.

My Uncle... dead.

And I'm broken beyond repair.

"Mallie," Aunt-Hailey whispered, her voice straining as I turned away from her, "as much as it pains me to say this... your Uncle's not going to get better. As much as I want him to, as much as I'm going to miss him!" she cried. "He's not going to get better. Isn't it best that we spare him the pain?"

I wish this was a dream. That I could just punch myself and wake up instantly, but it's not because this is real. It's happening no matter how much I don't want it to. No matter how much this is going to break me it's going to happen.

But I just couldn't bring myself to think of a world without him. He was like my father, no, he was my father. And he was one of the best ones I could've ever asked for. He doesn't deserve this. He doesn't deserve any of it.

"Mallie," Ryan said as tears dripped down my face, "its the right thing to do."

I stood there letting the tears fall silently and staring at the wall. In my heart I knew Uncle-Steven would want this, but I couldn't bring myself to want it. Knowing that I was going to grow up without a father made my heart shatter. Who was going to walk me down the aisle when I got married? Who was going to watch football with my husband? Who was going to spoil my children when I had them?

But he'll still be with me. He'll always be with me. In my heart.

I turned around. "Ok," I whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GAHHHHHH! OMG THE FEELS! I'm going to go cry myself to sleep.

Please don't forget to comment! I love reading them!

~Katy