Chapter 2 ~ A Fight For Peace

Zaid focused on the waves crashing against the giant rocks, picturing an impossible life. His beloved is somewhere in there, sheltered from the cruelty of barbarians and his vacant promises.

She was his light at the end of the dark tunnel.

Now she's gone, and one can pull him out. His humanity turned off, and he turned into a brutal gangster.

You can't be a hero and a gangster all at once, so he chose to be the villain who spares no one.

"There you are."

A deep familiar voice came from behind. It's Saeed, his friend, and bodyguard. He is the most trustworthy person Zaid has in his life.

"If the archaeology guys find you here, you might end up in jail," he joked.

Zaid isn't afraid he is trespassing on government property.

This place is where she stood one last time, looking at him with tearful eyes, taking two steps back, and letting herself fall into oblivion before he could grab her.

"Today is five years since I lost her."

His voice broke. A lone tear escaped his eye. His pain came like a sudden gust of wind out at sea. His pale skin revealed he went through the worst.

Saeed placed a firm hand on his shoulder.

Zaid shut his eyes. He hated being weak. He has no weakness, yet he drowned in pain.

"Move on, Zaid. You have grieved enough."

It's easy for someone else to say but difficult to understand the phase he is going through. Moving on is the definition of forgetting the past. He isn't ready to wipe his dead fiancée's memory from his existence.

"One day."

He spoke no more and breathed the salty air that tousled his brown hair.

Looking at the waves one last time, he declared, "You are my first love, Ishana. I will drown him in the ocean for what he did to you."

Placing the aviator sunglasses, he marched forward. His style depicted a mobster who feared no one.

If you want to hurt someone, do not target him. Target what he loves. Take what he holds close to his heart and destroy it. Only then will you hurt him in a way that will touch his soul.

These are the words of his mentor, the leader of the Seven League, King. He is a man who controls the mafia with no strings attached. He wasn't aware that his words might turn against his members one day.

When you hurt someone this way, you enrage him, driving him to the point where man exceeds his limits. He'll become a monster, coming for you any time, any day, anywhere.

Stopping near his Audi A6 Sedan, he clenched his fingers into a fist and punched the car hood.

"Save it for Ronnie. That bastard owes you for a month. He is partying downtown every night."

"He buys my drugs and sells them at higher prices to foreigners. Then he claims he doesn't have enough to pay me back. Son of a bitch."

Saeed chuckled. "It's a twenty-five kilometre route. If we race, we can arrive on time for you to satisfy your quench of turning his face into a punching bag."

A devilish smile appeared on Zaid's face as he rolled the car backward and drove towards his destination to attain inner peace. Each time he hits someone, he'll visualise that person as the one who snatched his fiancée's life, and he earns a peaceful mind even for a little moment.

"I'm coming for you."