Chapter 43 ~ A Hard Hearted Punishment

This time Akil Omar need not to be told the exact location for the tallest building in the world appeared to be following him like a shadow as he kept his gaze outside unable to talk to anyone especially Akira who dropped a bomb on his head.

Han on the other hand shared a few things to him which was as surprising as well. To begin with the private plane belonged to none other than Ishana which was a fifteenth year anniversary gift from her husband. She has married into the Yazzir family who happened to be one of the influential in the country, scaring the wits out of him.

Looking at Akira, though she appeared calm her eyes were saying something else.

"Why do you look afraid? I'm the one who is seeing me being pushed from the Burj Khalifa as a punishment for my unforgivable sin."

Her slender fingers pressed into her knee in an attempt to prevent the shaking and she knew he will not shut up unless she opened up.

"I never thought I'll be coming here again."

"I thought you are on good terms with the Yazzir family the way Han was telling me earlier."

"Not with all the family members. Some of them don't like my face because of my twin sister Anisha so I have both acquaintances and enemies."

"What happened?"

"Once again, none of your business"

Akil got the cue that it was of no use to pursue. Akira doesn't like talking and sharing much so he'll simply have to befriend Han to squeeze more truth.

Seeing the gold plated 'Yazzir Mansion' on the wall brought all those memories she had pushed in a corner of her mind. The check-in, date trees, fountain, exotic cars and finally the palace that can put five stars hotel to shame due to its design.

Everyone was stepping down but she couldn't.

"Akira," Han called out and she realized he had opened the door for her, waiting. No words need not to be shared as he gently grabbed her hand and pulled her outside.

"I'm scared," she admitted truthfully.

There was a moment of silence. Akil eventually approached them and realized there were tears in her eyes. He placed his hand on her shoulder but she jolted.

"I'm sorry," she spoke slowly. "But I can't go inside. I don't want to face any of them. On phone it was easier to communicate but seeing them face to face after so many months. I can't do it."

"Okay stay in the car, feel free to come inside whenever you like or take the key with you. You are familiar with certain places. I'll take him inside."

She nodded.

"Alright, Akil walk with me."

He didn't feel like leaving her alone. It looked like a breakdown and he wanted to know more. Instead of going inside through the main entrance, Han made him walk through an alley of rock pathway with green plants on both side.

"Han what happened here that she doesn't want to come inside?"

"Too much, just give her some time and she'll tell you when she's ready."

"You do realize that time is the one thing I don't have. I could be shot inside and I won't even get to say goodbye."

He stopped, lips pursuing in a thin line before bursting into laughter. "You are not dying today, that I can confirm and even though I don't know Ishana personally, she'll not let you die without seeing Akira for the last time."

It didn't feel much as an assurance that death is still looming over his head. Han pushed a door and they climbed the serpentine stairs that started to send his head slightly dizzy. Seriously how tall this mansion is? He clearly underestimated it. Finally they arrived in a spacious living room.