Chapter 13 ~ A Fake Extramarital Affair [part 3]

"Am I going to be okay?"

Isabella asked the nurse as she offered her a glass of water and a painkiller in hand. Her head was throbbing too much and it increased when the doctor said it was a concussion. Despite being minor, she couldn't get the horrors of today's event out of her mind.

It was nothing less than a suicide.

"Of course, you are a strong girl. If you want, I can call your husband inside?"

Isabella nearly spat the water out. She offered a polite smile at the young woman who looked almost her age.

"He is not my husband."

"Oh, so sorry to mistake your boyfriend as your husband. He was so worried about you. You are very lucky to have him."

This time she didn't say anything and let the nurse do her job. She didn't know how to look at Eijaz in the eyes or to tell him that she had heard a few private things between his wife and him. Zaynah had clearly misunderstood them but she had also witnessed Eijaz giving her CPR. In an unconscious act, she touched her lips, thinking how Eijaz had saved her life before pulling her out of water. For a girl who has never been kissed in her life, she was getting too many jitters in her stomach.

No Isabella, he saved your life. If he didn't do that, you would die of asphyxiation.

The voice in her head screamed at her.

She placed the glass of water on the table by bedside and stepped down. The blue hospital dress barely reached her knees and was at least two sizes larger for her body size. She looked around but her clothes and shoes were nowhere to be found.

"Hey, can I have my clothes back?"

"They were wet and torn when I undressed you. I gave them to your boyfriend. You know what, I'll just bring him in, I'm done here."

She winked and left. Isabella hid her discontent for over-friendly strangers and waited for Eijaz who didn't take much time to arrive.

"Thank God, you are fine," he said giving her a small hug.

She felt a little discomfort in his presence now especially after they had been a little intimate.

You would be dead, you dumb girl. Thank him.

The voice once again made a special appearance and Isabella coughed two times in case he has been observing her.

"Thank you for saving my life," she said in one-go.

"No need to thank me Isabella. In fact, I made you risk your life for my job and I failed in it. I'm sorry."

Eijaz looked truly sorry for endangering her life. She could have yelled at him, accuse him for trying to take her life because she didn't have any training like him but all he wanted was to save the world from the bad guys. The true villain is Zaid here, not him.

"We'll get them next time," she stated, earning a low chuckle from Eijaz.

He removed his jacket that was now completely dry and draped it over her shoulder. "Sorry for throwing your clothes. They were torn and your shoes were completely damaged."

"Okay," was all she could say?

"Let me drop you home," he offered but Isabella's mind worked fast.

She can't be seen in Jamal Hasim's area with a cop. Last time he was in disguise so he got away but not today. Questions and suspicion will rise seeing him with her in a hospital dress.

"No you can't. You should go home. I have a friend who can fetch me."

"Alright, stay safe."

"I will."