Chapter 24 ~ A Best Friends Moment

When Isabella arrived home around eleven, Hiba was all decked up in the outfit she had specifically ordered the maid to give her when she would wake up. The baby blue knee length blouse with a simple pattern, white jeans and the same colored Hijab, paired with block heeled sandals made her looked cute and stylish. It was as if this outfit was made for her. Sorry husband. Unlike Isabella who still can't seem to adopt a conservative wardrobe had worn baggy brown pants and short sleeves white T-shirt tucked in with one of the designer black handbags gifted by Zaid hang at her elbow.

Hiba was pacing the living room in small strides, worry lines on her forehead. Her eyes darted to the old grandfather clock that Isabella had sworn to break one day because of its scary movie type appearance.

"I'm home," she said casually. Hiba instantly lifted her head up. Now she was annoyed.

"Where were you? I woke up and you were gone."

I was planning a secret birthday party for you and buying gifts because I have to make up for what my loving husband did to you last night. Isabella bit her tongue and lied. "I had some paper work to complete for Zaid. He told me to get it done as soon possible. Besides I didn't want to wake you up early. We went to sleep quite late last night."

"Okay but why did your maid tell me to wear this dress, are we going somewhere?"

"Yes. I thought we could have lunch together before I'll drop you home."

Her face paled and Isabella wondered if she said something wrong.

"Oh. I thought Zaid won't allow me to leave. Thank you so much Isabella," she said and hugged her, sniffing. Isabella pats her back in a comfort manner and muttered. "Stop crying you silly girl. No one can ever keep you as a prisoner as long as I'm here even if it's the big shot Zaid Adeeb Tahir."

In exactly half an hour due to Isabella's rash driving despite Hiba's warning and screams, they arrived at the front stairs of Jazzay Hotel, the same place where she and Zaid first met and also because this hotel's name might change in the forthcoming months as neither Zaynah nor Eijaz have been paying any attention to it.

"It must be expensive here. Isa let's go," Hiba said, glancing around at the neat mirror panel walls and shining chandeliers despite the sun was doing its regular job outside.

"Shut up. It's Zaid's hotel. We won't be paying anything here."

"Really?"

"Yes. Now follow me."

When they arrived at the tenth floor, the in charge of the Middle Eastern restaurant welcomed them.

"Mrs. Tahir, Miss Hiba, please follow me to the private room. It's ready."

Hiba couldn't understand what was going on so Isabella locked arms with her and motioned to follow the man. The few people present for lunch, scattered throughout the place were smartly dressed, making small talks, occasional smiles and drinking with a poise not ever seen. Hiba knew that she has stepped in the rich club.

Arriving inside the private room, she marveled at the simple yet classy deco of only three shades of brown. A round table where ten people can be seated was in the middle, the greenish yellow bouquet stealing the limelight and the number of food items present all around.

"We'll serve ourselves. You may go," ordered Isabella in a commanding tone.

"Wow I never knew that you had so much power despite married to," Hiba stopped, looking at the closed door, "Zaid, he is-"

"Maybe you have forgotten. Zaid is not only in the underworld. He is also one of the richest businessmen and I'm his legally wedded wife. Everyone thought we had an extremely secret wedding somewhere on an island in the Indian Ocean because a few journalists had captured our pictures and when they asked, Zaid said I'm his wife, that's all but you know how these people make a mountain out of a mole."