Chapter 48 ~ A Teenager Mood Swing

In the typical afternoon where the breeze wasn't too strong with a pleasant temperature, they all still wore long sleeves T-shirts over jeans even when they were playing outside. Akira Malik's eyes were completely focused on the volleyball thrown in the air by Eshaan who was in the opposite team. She didn't watch where her feet were stepping and collided with the edging stones.

A scream was let out and she was ready to face palm on the soil where the gorgeous white and yellow daisies were growing. But a strong arm went across her waist pulling her back against his chest. She panted, sweats rolling down her skin and internally cursed because there was only one man in her team.

Veer Yazzir

"You could have let me fall." She muttered for him only to hear loud and clear, hating how one of his fingers was touching her skin where her T-shirt has hiked a little up.

"I know but I'm a good person despite you are enjoying special moments with Eshaan lately."

He removed his hand and Akira turned to face him, the proximity messing up with her mind because Veer is bipolar. All those days she has been staying in the Yazzir Mansion with the officers of The Legends as official guests of Ishana, Veer has acted weird with her. At one time he would be normal and in the other, he is someone different, being sarcastic and slightly rude.

Was it jealousy of Eshaan or hatred for her father, Akira couldn't conclude.

"Guys can we take a break, I'm feeling tired."

Luckily everyone agreed with Veer's little sister Sameera and they retreated to the outdoor living room where refreshments were placed for the group of young adults. Akira couldn't even look at Eshaan for her cheeks had turned completely red and poured herself cold apple juice. She sat on the stool at the island as they all plopped on the couches with plate in hand.

But her little alone me time was soon interrupted by Sameera. She placed a tray of colorful macarons and Akira reluctantly took one for her satisfaction but she didn't leave.

"It's quite funny to see my brother and Eshaan crushing over the same girl," she said, placing a strand of hair behind her ear making the suspicious mean girl look which she wasn't at all. No, Sameera was one of the gentlest and sweetest cousins among the Yazzir cousins.

"I don't think they have crush on me."

"Don't lie to me Akira. You know they do but it feels like history is repeating on its own except it isn't your evil twin Anisha but you, the kind and shy one."

Akira smiled at her, blushing a little, thinking of all the times she and Eshaan were kissing when they would find themselves alone. She used to rebuke other girls for acting like this but she had turned into a completely raging hormones teenage girl.

"Thank you for the compliment but I'm not so shy anymore."

"I know why you are saying that. I saw you once and quickly went the opposite direction because I didn't want you to feel embarrassed but you are not this person Akira and Eshaan, he's always been the playboy of the family. Everyone is aware even his parents and uncles. Just be careful around him."

"He will never hurt me and he hasn't been this 'playboy' that you're saying with me because my evil twin has used him for her own gain. He knows I won't do the same to him."

"Are you serious Akira? Because you are using him to make Veer jealous just like your sister did. Maybe you and Anisha aren't so different after all."

Akira looked at her in an unblinking stare. Blood drained from her face because she never wished to be compared to Anisha ever. She's not her sister yet she didn't have the courage to say it on Sameera's face.