Chapter 49 ~ A Violent Christmas Eve [part 2]

Akira Malik stood in front of the mirror taking a full analyze of her look before stepping out of the bedroom. Bombshell was the perfect word to describe her at the very moment.

Eshaan bought her the dress when they went out for lunch earlier and also was very patient with her at the hair salon where they curled her hair and gave a party makeup, making her look more mature than her age.

"I can't wait to see you tonight," he had said, kissing her hand.

The purple silk charmeuse gown reaching her ankle fitted her body on the above and becomes slightly loose as it goes down. As for sleeves, only one side was long and the other left her shoulder bare. She wondered about Veer's criticism and somehow the devil in his black tuxedo opened the door and stepped inside.

He simply looked at her with disappointment plastered all over his handsome light bearded face as she tied her signature necklace around her neck.

"Are you going to look at me like a creep or say something?"

He smirked. "Your date for the night left with the wealthy daughter of his father's friend who surprisingly dropped here instead of going to the party directly."

"So you have come to taunt me?" Next she wore the earrings that formed like a round flower, loving how the makeup was actually masking her true feelings. Eshaan told her about the friendship into relationship thing but she played along with him anyway.

"No. I came to inform you that you don't have a date for tonight's party. I'm going with my sister and the officers from The Legends, they've also found someone. See you there."

She waited for him to leave and pulled out the key of her SUV from the drawer where she had kept some files. It appears she would be driving to an elite Christmas party in high heels alone as everyone bailed on her or her hopes were set too high on Eshaan.

"Great," she muttered.

Walking in Yazzir Mansion at night despite all the lights were on still had an eerie vibe and Akira hated being alone. Things don't usually end up good when she is alone in a big house.

"Akira"

She heard her name being called while walking with caution towards her car. She turned and noticed Arhaan who had worn a similar tuxedo like Veer, was waving his hand in the air towards her.

"Big brother to the rescue," she mumbled the thought exciting her as he jogged towards her.

"You look lovely but where are you going all alone?"

"I was supposed to go with Eshaan but he already left with someone else."

"You can come with me if you'd like. Sameera told me she'll accompany and at the last minute she said she was going with Veer."

Despite his arrogant attitude, he surely knows how to create memorable meetings.

"I would love to come with you."

He smiled and she followed him to the red Ferrari whose door opened upwards. Akira could feel her heart beats accelerated when her eyes landed on the beauty up close.

"Nice car," she complimented but his answer shocked her.

"This used to be Anisha's car by the way. She bought it when she was pretending to be you and sold it to the car dealer when she had done pretending to be you."

"Oh," was all Akira could say before slipping inside and wearing her seatbelt.

When the engine purred, she cast a nervous look at her brother who chuckled and drove with all care. Even though the speed was reasonable, it still feels like she was on a racing track.