Chapter 15 ~ A Promise To Remember

Both feet on the coffee table and arms behind her head, Isabella relaxed on the dark grey couch, eyes closed while mind working effortlessly about her future. She was supposed to expose him not marry but who says she can't do that now that she is at an arm's reach from him. It took a huge sacrifice but the result will be worth it when Zaid Adeeb Tahir and his whole mafia posse will bite the dust.

Her eyes flipped open when the door of his bedroom opened and he walked in.

"You haven't slept yet?" He asked, taking his jacket off like he is a normal husband who just returned from working overtime in a banking corporation.

"Would I be looking at you with open eyes if I have slept?" She replied, keeping a blank face.

"So this is how our relationship will be where I'll make an effort for it to be functional while you'll give me these dead replies like I'm the last person you want to see on this earth?"

"I'll gladly call you my beauty with brains husband."

A look of surprise came into his face until he laughed uproariously. He unbuttoned his shirt and placed it over the jacket. His naked upper body came into full view but she didn't even twitch her eye. He was so ugly on the inside that it doesn't even matter how he looked on the outside.

"How's your foot?" He pointed to the bandage wrapped around the bruise but focused more on the fact that she placed her feet on his work files.

"Thanks to your guy Saeed, chivalry isn't dead. He brought in the best doctor in town after you abandoned me for a murder spree that I'll know the location in the newspaper tomorrow."

Zaid raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms beneath his chest. "Really? I didn't know he was a noble man."

"Well, it was he who sat here with me while that old fool rubbed some blazing ointment on my injury but I no longer feel the pain like before."

"Good. It means I can enjoy my wedding night."

Before she even had the time to think, he pulled her up on her feet and wrapped both arms around her waist to prevent her from moving.

"Zaid," she more like whispered, inhaling his natural body scent. "The doctor advised to not put much pressure on my feet."

He smiled and she found her bare feet on his hard leather shoes. Now she was even closer to his face. His stubble rubbed against her make up free cheeks, teasing her lightly. One of his hands went to the scrunchy that kept her hair in a low ponytail. He pulled it down making her hair fell free behind her back. His hand roamed in her hair, feeling the softness of it.

"Zaid, what are you doing?" She asked, the tone of her voice becoming even lower.

"No talking."

His lips brushed on hers and her senses got knocked away. Isabella placed both hands on his chest, feeling his skin under hers as his mouth ravaged hers. She almost lost her balance if it weren't for his hold around her waist.

"It's too bright in here. Let's turn the light off," he said casually and the room turned pitch black taking its time to adjust to the new darkness until she could make an outline of everything.

He lifted her off the floor and dropped her on the bed. Isabella's heartbeats quickened, sweat start forming on her body as she felt her old nightgown lift up. She didn't have the time to pull it down when the fabric of his trousers touched her bare skin, his body rested on hers, hands dipping in the mattress.

"Please don't do this," her voice almost broke.

"You're my wife and it's our wedding night. I deserve something," he growled in her ear, sending shivers in her spine.